When I was at guitar center, the sales rep told me I should try out a strat, but I was pretty set on the les paul custom. I have been curious how different the two sound tho, I will probably go back and play around on one for a bit and consider getting one in the future. 

There's definitely differences, pros and cons to both.  The main difference is the single coils in the Strat vs. the hum buckers in an LP.  Strats are good for clean tones as they provide a lot of the mids and highs, but at the same time they can be interfered with and create unwanted noise.  Because the hum buckers are 2 pickups, the magnets cancel most of that out.  They also create a more thick and fat tone and are great for distorted sound.  I like both.  

This was my first nice guitar as well. I've had it for 10 years now.

Same, mine's an 04 LP Classic (the one I still use).  Rekindled my desire to play guitar.  I had an Ibanez guitar to begin with and that one had the electronics go on it, so I stopped for like a year or so, then bought the Les Paul in 09 and have been playing quite consistently since, also bought 2 acoustics and my Strat since.

Same, mine's an 04 LP Classic (the one I still use). Rekindled my desire to play guitar. I had an Ibanez guitar to begin with and that one had the electronics go on it, so I stopped for like a year or so, then bought the Les Paul in 09 and have been playing quite consistently since, also bought 2 acoustics and my Strat since.

I played a shitty Johnson strat that was incredibly heavy and the worst at everything. Then I bought my LP in 9th grade with paper route money. Played that forever until about 2 years ago when I built my own telecaster - which is gorgeous forest green with all gold hardware, tortoise pick guard, and rosewood fingerboard.

I played a shitty Johnson strat that was incredibly heavy and the worst at everything. Then I bought my LP in 9th grade with paper route money. Played that forever until about 2 years ago when I built my own telecaster - which is gorgeous forest green with all gold hardware, tortoise pick guard, and rosewood fingerboard.

Pics!  

i was planning on spending the weekend alone since everyone I know is out of town but my friend just texted me, he’s coming for the weekend. and the gay bar in town is having a drag race. my weekend just went from boring to awesome.

I'm still getting used to adjusting all of the settings on the guitar and amp, but it's been really fun and cool to learn. I have started looking at all the different kind of pedals that are available, but I'll probably just wait on those for a little while. 

What kinda stuff are you into playing?  A good start is an Ibanez TS9 or a Big Muff for dirty tones.  The good thing about pedals is that you're more than likely going to get your money back when reselling if you buy used.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic