Yeah definitely! They expanded our vinyl section so it looks like we will be getting more stuff. :)

Lucky you!

On today's edition of "Lunch with the Fresh Prince", we have baked pork loin, fresh string beans and Uncle Ben's white rice. Paired with a refreshing Hawaiian Punch to wash it down.

A6FB30DD-BE48-4AFF-A579-1469F3A0DE07_zps

I've got two Built to Spill test presses and a Sun Kil Moon record waiting at home for me. I haven't gotten a record in the mail for a while, so this will be nice.

Nice!

Like I said, I ordered way too much stuff this past week for being "grounded" from buying records...

I already posted in the recent purchases thread... but...

I kind of went on an emo bender...

The Get Up Kids - Eudora

Christie Front Drive - S/T LP

Knapsack - This Conversation Is Ending, Starting Right Now (Blue/200) (from AUS)

Knapsack - Day Three of My New Life - (Olive/200) (from AUS)

The Appleseed Cast - Two Conversations

Ancient Warlocks - Ancient Warlocks (Clear w/ Obi /100)

P.O.:

Earth - Primitive and Deadly  (Purple/Blue /500)

Thinking of changing my name again. Possibly to:  Worst.Username.Ever.  if that will fit.

So, all this "records in the mail" talk has me wondering:

Recent Purchases VS Solid Mail Day

I know this is in no way important, but I feel like Recent Purchases is where you post things you bought at a store where Solid Mail Day is where you post things you got in the mail (online purchases, things mailed to you, etc.).

Am I the only one who follows this reasoning...or even cares?

I know this is in no way important, but I feel like Recent Purchases is where you post things you bought at a store where Solid Mail Day is where you post things you got in the mail (online purchases, things mailed to you, etc.).

Am I the only one who follows this reasoning...or even cares?

I think you're probably right, but I get impatient waiting for the mail and I think Solid Mail Day is more of like..."All these records came in the mail today I'm so stoked that they all arrived at the same moment!" So I rarely ever post in solid mail day.

I think you're probably right, but I get impatient waiting for the mail and I think Solid Mail Day is more of like..."All these records came in the mail today I'm so stoked that they all arrived at the same moment!" So I rarely ever post in solid mail day.

I feel like that's the case for most people.

The postman delivers to my office around lunchtime every day, so taking pictures of my records and posting them in the Solid Mail Day thread gives me something to do while I'm not able to play them.

Sounds solid to me.

I feel like that's the case for most people.

The postman delivers to my office around lunchtime every day, so taking pictures of my records and posting them in the Solid Mail Day thread gives me something to do while I'm not able to play them.

I ought to have my records delivered at work. I keep thinking about doing it, but I never remember when ordering.

I ought to have my records delivered at work. I keep thinking about doing it, but I never remember when ordering.

I do it because it hits triple digits in Sacramento, so records on the porch don't last long. Found that out the hard way years ago. Trust me...it only takes one.

Also, I don't know if I've just been missing your posts lately or if you took a break. If it's the latter, welcome back! If the former...post more in threads I read!

I've been around, but it got busy at work so I couldn't post as much as I used to. Back to mellow again, so I'll try and keep up.

I do it because it hits triple digits in Sacramento, so records on the porch don't last long. Found that out the hard way years ago. Trust me...it only takes one.

I've been around, but it got busy at work so I couldn't post as much as I used to. Back to mellow again, so I'll try and keep up.

Yikes! Too hot. I live in a building, so my records either get delivered to my door inside, or they don't get delivered and I have to pick them up. 

Glad things slowed down for you, though sometimes that's just as bad or worse than being busy.

Oooof. Not good! Luckily I get home right when the mail arrives so they are safe. But even if I didn't, I couldn't get them delivered to the grocery store I work at. Haha. It would be too weird for me.

Yikes! Too hot. I live in a building, so my records either get delivered to my door inside, or they don't get delivered and I have to pick them up. 

Glad things slowed down for you, though sometimes that's just as bad or worse than being busy.

I grew up in the Bay Area, so it's too hot for me too.

The downside to it being slow is that I have more time to shop online for records, which sort of negates going to work in the first place. It's a vicious circle.

I grew up in the Bay Area, so it's too hot for me too.

The downside to it being slow is that I have more time to shop online for records, which sort of negates going to work in the first place. It's a vicious circle.

My day just goes by so slowly when we're not busy.  Luckily I had an embalming today, so the first half of my day flew by!

Surprisingly living in the South I haven't had a record arrive severely warped. Slightly but not enough to complain about.

When I was living at our old place, we had a glass storm door for a screen door. During the summer, the postman opened the glass screen door and placed the record mailer between the front door and the glass door, essentially putting the record in a steamer with direct sunlight beating down on it.

The record was sealed so it was inside the sleeve causing the entire thing to warp in every direction. It looked like a flower when I opened it.

Never again.

When I was living at our old place, we had a glass storm door for a screen door. During the summer, the postman opened the glass screen door and placed the record mailer between the front door and the glass door, essentially putting the record in a steamer with direct sunlight beating down on it.

The record was sealed so it was inside the sleeve causing the entire thing to warp in every direction. It looked like a flower when I opened it.

Never again.

Yikes!

It always worries me when people get things delivered to their work.  I had someone scam me once and it has worried me ever since.

I was going to ask the same thing as skadaddy.

Never again.

Whoa!!

I had to say goodbye to a close homie today. Ever since we met in 2011, he has had my back even at times when I let him down. Never left me out in these streets looking shady or broke. Was there through four exes, three apartments, two cars and countless financial decisions. It's hurts to have to let you go but our friendship has run it's course.

Shoutout to my expired debit card. You're the REAL MVP!!!

I had to say goodbye to a close homie today. Ever since we met in 2011, he has had my back even at times when I let him down. Never left me out in these streets looking shady or broke. Was there through four exes, three apartments, two cars and countless financial decisions. It's hurts to have to let you go but our friendship has run it's course.

Shoutout to my expired debit card. You're the REAL MVP!!!

I know it hurts now...but there will be others.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic