Whoa!!

I had to say goodbye to a close homie today. Ever since we met in 2011, he has had my back even at times when I let him down. Never left me out in these streets looking shady or broke. Was there through four exes, three apartments, two cars and countless financial decisions. It's hurts to have to let you go but our friendship has run it's course.

Shoutout to my expired debit card. You're the REAL MVP!!!

I've been there so many times. Friendship should have positives and not all negatives. I can't be around people who bring me down all the time. You'll start to feel a lot better soon!

Whoa!!

I had to say goodbye to a close homie today. Ever since we met in 2011, he has had my back even at times when I let him down. Never left me out in these streets looking shady or broke. Was there through four exes, three apartments, two cars and countless financial decisions. It's hurts to have to let you go but our friendship has run it's course.

Shoutout to my expired debit card. You're the REAL MVP!!!

I enjoyed the company of mine until she got used by some scumbag at a cheap motel in Kentucky. I got a call from the bank and had to ditch her and get a new one. Really heartbreaking.

damn... nice one... jealous of you

Thanks! The person actually came out looking great. I've felt really good about my last 10 or so embalmings. My boss says I'm doing a great job, especially considering how few I've done, so that feels really good. :D

Plus our administrator said that my boss would never have even considered letting the last apprentice do embalmings by herself, but he doesn't think twice about it with me.

I enjoyed the company of mine until she got used by some scumbag at a cheap motel in Kentucky. I got a call from the bank had to ditch her and get a new one. Really heartbreaking.

You could always focus on how dirty you felt every time you were forced to put him in your hand just so he would pay for your food. That should numb the pain.

!! so good.

Thanks! The person actually came out looking great. I've felt really good about my last 10 or so embalmings. My boss says I'm doing a great job, especially considering how few I've done, so that feels really good. :D

Plus our administrator said that my boss would never have even considered letting the last apprentice do embalmings by herself, but he doesn't think twice about it with me.

that's awesome. It has to be challenging making the dead look nice.

that's awesome. It has to be challenging making the dead look nice.

It really is sometimes. I got a very nice compliment from a family the other day about what a great job I did on their loved one though and it really made my day.  They were just an awesomely nice family through the whole thing too, and it was an expected death of a very old person.

It really is sometimes. I got a very nice compliment from a family the other day about what a great job I did on their loved one though and it really made my day. They were just an awesomely nice family through the whole thing too, and it was an expected death of a very old person.

so few people appreciate the mortuary arts; it's great that you get compliments like that.

so few people appreciate the mortuary arts; it's great that you get compliments like that.

I sure like it when I get them!  I've had a great number of really kind/funny families and only one or two really hard ones.  I'm just waiting for the day when I get some real jerks and I have to just grin and bear it.

I have seen some wtf type work in the past so you seem ahead of the game at least

I really try to concentrate on getting the mouth right. It's been a big deal to me since before I started and I really think it's the most important part in making the person look like the person.

The nice thing the family said to me was something like: "She really does just look like she's sleeping, she looks better than when we saw her last. Thank you."

I know that part of it is the newness and part of it was how much I hated where I was, but still really psyched to be at the new place.

I hear that. I love my job, but there are slight annoyances now and then that build up.  Nothing that makes me really hate it like past jobs I've had though.

I really try to concentrate on getting the mouth right. It's been a big deal to me since before I started and I really think it's the most important part in making the person look like the person.

The nice thing the family said to me was something like: "She really does just look like she's sleeping, she looks better than when we saw her last. Thank you."

That's a really awesome compliment. I could see how a mouth would be tough; people's mouths have a ton of character and seem so different.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic