Tried to post this during the great VC blackout:

Thank you guys. I thought I had a really good chance at winning it, but less and less people are voting every day so I don't think I'll make it. It goes to the 9th too and a girl that started today is less than 100 behind me.

Kinda bummed but you guys have been so awesome and that's what matters.

Also got in a fight with the boy so that was shit.

I know it's all stupid problems that won't matter in a week, but it's a bummer while it's happening.

Update: I feel better today but my competition is still gaining

Bruce's new nail color is so good. I am also jealous of your new jeans.

As for what happened, basically he agreed that we should schedule time to talk. But then made the mistake of very poorly explaining his lack of communication and used phrases like "I don't even talk to my other friends every day" and "I only text you every day because I know it makes you happy and I know you're going through some rough stuff right now."

Which was really offensive and I was like YO don't tell me you talk to me for me.

Text me every day because it makes YOU happy, not because you feel like you have to. I don't want to be an obligation. Blah blah blah.

It just blew up, basically.

So we'll see where it goes. Im sure it'll be fine.

We're just very very different personality types that generally do not have close relationships. So it's going to a be a lot of compromise for us to make even a friendship work. I've already adjusted a lot of myself to fit his schedule, so he needs to learn to do the same.

I don't read this thread all the time (moves too fast) so I don't understand context but I too am in some sorta pseudo-friendship-text relationship. So I can sorta empathize. Girl is badass (which is why I deal with it), but she's in another state.

I tried to take the next step and say it's long-distance dating. She balked and said she wants to keep going but scale back. Still searching for that right balance. Trying to limit texting but it's kinda hard. Like talking to her.

So I've been on an OKCupid tear lately sending messages and playing the numbers game. Only way to get outta the funk is find something better (or at least comparable and location-friendly).

I don't read this thread all the time (moves too fast) so I don't understand context but I too am in some sorta pseudo-friendship-text relationship. So I can sorta empathize. Girl is badass (which is why I deal with it), but she's in another state.

I tried to take the next step and say it's long-distance dating. She balked and said she wants to keep going but scale back. Still searching for that right balance. Trying to limit texting but it's kinda hard. Like talking to her.

So I've been on an OKCupid tear lately sending messages and playing the numbers game. Only way to get outta the funk is find something better (or at least comparable and location-friendly).

Good luck Big Lebowski... dating sounds like it has not gotten easier since I last had to.

Good luck Big Lebowski... dating sounds like it has not gotten easier since I last had to.

I think dating has gotten significantly harder because of social media. No one wants to commit to anyone because the idea of finding someone new/better is easier than it's ever been. We're all like kids in a candy with with a million different profiles to take in.

I think dating has gotten significantly harder because of social media. No one wants to commit to anyone because the idea of finding someone new/better is easier than it's ever been. We're all like kids in a candy with with a million different profiles to take in.

Ugh... that just blows.

I would just give up

I made it nasty in the dancing cage at the gay bar last night and then kind of fell out off of when I got down. So sore today. Oh lawd.

I'm in love with you.

It's definitely a weird balance. I know that I'm a hard person to handle and I have a lot of expectations. I think I get really overwhelming because when I don't like something, I am very vocal about it and expect things to change, I think it emotionally exhausts him a lot but he's a very incredible person and i want him in my life for the long term.

It definitly feels like long distance dating, at least emotionally, so I see where you're coming from. It's hard when the other person doesn't fully understand what they want and you do. Best of luck, friend!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic