I prefer the uplifting Coolio songz. I had that CD single when I was in like the 5th grade. I played it constantly, especially when I played my Super NES.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/220883380

It could be yours again for less that $15 + shipping if the seller takes a lower offer.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/220883380

It could be yours again for less that $15 + shipping if the seller takes a lower offer.

Haha, that's one purchase I would actually regret making. I would literally never listen to it, but I do appreciate the seller's comment:

"Supa clean Coolio classic"

I've never been to Toad's Place but I went to a show upstairs there once. Greg Horbal screamed at security because they were throwing a ton of kids out. I get that there was a "no moshing or stage diving rule" but it was the 2nd to last MHTJ show. Of course kids are gonna go off.

I waited till the last song to stage dive because I'm smart. Well really I just lucked out that they played Ethics last. My ass would have gotten kicked out otherwise.

Hahaha. Not laughing AT you, just laughing because it brings weird perspective to our true identities. I was 10. I'll be 28 in 11 days. Which means that song is almost two decades old. Jeezus.

This board actually makes me feel old and keeps me young at the same time.

For example, every time that Deja Entendu record gets mentioned, I feel old because I've never heard it but it keeps me young because I know I'll never have to take years off my life stressing out over what people say about it here.

It's a beautiful thing.

Haha, that's one purchase I would actually regret making. I would literally never listen to it, but I do appreciate the seller's comment:

"Supa clean Coolio classic"

That was almost worth the $15.

I've never been to Toad's Place but I went to a show upstairs there once. Greg Horbal screamed at security because they were throwing a ton of kids out. I get that there was a "no moshing or stage diving rule" but it was the 2nd to last MHTJ show. Of course kids are gonna go off.

I waited till the last song to stage dive because I'm smart. Well really I just lucked out that they played Ethics last. My ass would have gotten kicked out otherwise.

they have the "lily pad" there above toads place which is more like a 2nd grade classroom so small, no stage and fake plants everywhere. i saw cruel hand play there with just a disco ball. 

I've never been kicked out or anything, but I've seen it. I personally do not understand why that warrants a booting, but what do it know?

Either way, this show is not going to be calm. Even the Arc Agency challenged "CT" to outdo "NYC" So, most of these kids are going to be knucking futz.

This board actually makes me feel old and keeps me young at the same time.

For example, every time that Deja Entendu record gets mentioned, I feel old because I've never heard it but it keeps me young because I know I'll never have to take years off my life stressing out over what people say about it here.

It's a beautiful thing.

I love Deja because of when I grew up, but I don't really care if people hate on it. Whatever. I like a lot of music that is laughed at or is unpopular. Coolio's CUWhenUGetThere for instance. Don't feel old. You're only as old as you feel.

Yeah they had a tiny stage set up when I was there.

Good show though. CT shows are always so much better that shows in upstate NY

CT has a lot of good spots and a lot of good bands have come out of it. even RI has some solid venues. i never went to any shows in upstate NY.

the webster theater in hartford is similar to moshing and diving. but not so much in their "underground" stage. usually if everyone is doing it, they cant stop it, which is always funny.

CT has a lot of good spots and a lot of good bands have come out of it. even RI has some solid venues.

The Church in New Haven is good. I saw TWIABP, Dads, and Joyce Manor there. UANC is good, saw EEIWALE there. Toad's is alright. The Klein is a good theater (mostly bigger artists). I saw Rufus Wainwright and NMH there. There is the Capitol Theater (port Chester NY- basically CT) which is good.

RI- only been to Lupo's. Venue was solid, staff were dicks. Going again in April. I hope they're nicer. If they aren't I'll never return.

The Church in New Haven is good. I saw TWIABP, Dads, and Joyce Manor there. UANC is good, saw EEIWALE there. Toad's is alright. The Klein is a good theater (mostly bigger artists). I saw Rufus Wainwright and NMH there. There is the Capitol Theater (port Chester NY- basically CT) which is good.

RI- only been to Lupo's. Venue was solid, staff were dicks. Going again in April. I hope they're nicer. If they aren't I'll never return.

lupos used to be real cool, every band big or small used to play there it was great. a lot of fun, but they have been putting money in it and making it bigger over the years. i've never had a problem with security. they had the giza for awhile some egyptian themed club that had hardcore shows, that didnt last long but it was great! the living room which was so much fun isnt around anymore but another golden nugget for sure

the el'n'gee in new london, ct haha. they have changed owners a few times, shut down, opened up, changed their name and and back to the og owner and name at one point. but that was a local hot spot for a while.

the el'n'gee in new london, ct haha. they have changed owners a few times, shut down, opened up, changed their name and and back to the og owner and name at one point. but that was a local hot spot for a while.

I've never been to this one.

I forgot about that other theater in New Haven, right downtown. It's pretty solid. I saw Old Crow Medicine Show and someone else there (maybe someone for my wife?) sound is nice, but you wanna be in the front few rows. Actually my more-coordinated-and-athletic-than-me wife caught the OCMS setlist. :D made me happy!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic