There is a lot of states with similar laws. 20 I think. I think Indiana backlash is more indicative of how rapidly public opinion seems to be changing!

That is true.

I just rented Interstellar. Then realized its 3 hours. <_<

That's way too long. I can barley keep my attention with a 1.5 hour long movie these days. I just can't watch TV or movies anymore.

The Indy Star, the largest newspaper, as far as distribution in the state, summed it up on the cover on their paper today

When this issue, of all issues, is on the front of a major publication which is known in this state as being somewhat right-wing, it's serious

Haha, that is pretty funny. Also very true.

I'm mobile, so I cannot quote individual posts, but thanks Eggie - most everyone agrees here.

My issue w the Stones concert, is that in this state, 70,000 people, which is the estimate for the show at IMS - that's comparable to the NCAA championship game, or the super bowl. Those tourism dollars are too important to us

That is very true, I still don't think the government will miss that money enough to reverse this law, though. Which is unfortunate.

I think it is possible that when your favorite artists take action like that you may be inclined to get a little more politically involved, at least until the issue is corrected. Whether that means calling your representative, voting in the next cycle or just adding to the chorus online. I agree it does suck, and our democracy is kind of dumb at this point, but I think it does have the potential to have some impact. 

Yes I agree. It should make more people aware of what is going on and want them to act on it. The truth is that the majority probably won't outside of some SJW-esque things like a status on facebook or a tweet. Which is sad.

I just rented Interstellar. Then realized its 3 hours. <_<

ITS SO GOOD

That's way too long. I can barley keep my attention with a 1.5 hour long movie these days. I just can't watch TV or movies anymore.

ITS SO GOOD

I really want to see it & will def watch it tonight.... just a lil tough to do a 3 hour flick on a work night. But its Nolan, & that cast is awesome. So I excite :)

Since I'm dwindling down my record collection, just ordered a 2x2 Kallax and a Lack from the Ikea website to replce my target shelf that is going to fall apart anyday now. $12 shipping is much better than a 2 hour drive to nearest Ikea.

i dont think mine will have it :(

Shit, I didnt notice this:

"Editor's Note: The film cell was advertised in the Best Buy and Walmart exclusive editions, but both are currently sold-out online."

I didnt realize there was a 3 disc version & apparently that one has the film cell. Dammit, sorry egg, I didnt mean to get your hopes up :(

Shit, I didnt notice this:

"Editor's Note: The film cell was advertised in the Best Buy and Walmart exclusive editions, but both are currently sold-out online."

I didnt realize there was a 3 disc version & apparently that one has the film cell. Dammit, sorry egg, I didnt mean to get your hopes up :(

OMG!! i preordered the best buy edition!!!!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic