I watched Gone Girl last night.

It was bad. Bad. Bad. Bad.

I feel like Reznor/Ross wasted a good score.

Was it an ode to reality tv?

My brother haaaaaaaaaated it. You're not alone.

To me I felt like maybe Ben affleck won't totally completely suck as batman ?so I guess I kind of enjoyed his acting in his film ??

Does everyone hate me now ? I hate myself a little.

I can't believe the things I say :unsure:

Dr Pepper is the shit. I didn't drink soda at all for years, except for maybe 1-2 Dr Peppers a year. Now I'll have maybe 2-3 a month as a treat. But I also drink a fair amount Zevia Cola as a mixer for vodka nowadays.

But cherry vanilla Dr Pepper. <3. + ice cream <3 <3

And I'm not really into soda these days but with ice cream I love it <3

Yes !! Ending ruled !!!

The best is I saw a midweek matinee so my showing was filled with elderly people. I was the youngest person there by at least 20 years and I'd say average age was 70.

They all fucking HATED the ending. Leaving the theater every single group of people was saying some variation of "It was good for the most part but why'd they have to ruin it with that awful ending?"

My brother haaaaaaaaaated it. You're not alone.

To me I felt like maybe Ben affleck won't totally completely suck as batman ?so I guess I kind of enjoyed his acting in his film ??

Does everyone hate me now ? I hate myself a little.

I can't believe the things I say :unsure:

I don't give a shit about Batman V Superman: The Force Awakens but Affleck is gonna be a dope Batman.

The best is I saw a midweek matinee so my showing was filled with elderly people. I was the youngest person there by at least 20 years and I'd say average age was 70.

They all fucking HATED the ending. Leaving the theater every single group of people was saying some variation of "It was good for the most part but why'd they have to ruin it with that awful ending?"

I love midweek matinees with elderly people ! My brother and I saw The Wind Rises in a theatre like that and it was awesome. They all clapped at the end. Beautiful.

You know what grinds my gears?

When you order an album...LP, no less...and it gets pushed back for whatever reason(s)...and yet the release date for CD & digital roll in when original planned for and you're still left with nothing to listen to because you pre-ordered the damn record and won't have it for another month or so.

The point? Records are dumb.

That happened to me with my Tori Kelly preorder. Ugh

The absolute best crowd ever was when I went to see The Ten. If you're not familiar it's made by a lot of the same people involved in The State and Wet Hot American Summer. It's a series of sketches (very) loosely related to the ten commandments, but it's weirdo alt comedy. I saw it in a sold out crowd of elderly people who CLEARLY thought it was a religious movie. My friends and I laughed uproariasly through the entire thing. We got there during previews and had to sit in the front. We had no idea what the crowd was like until the lights came on and we turned around. It became immediately obvious why we were the only three people to make literally any sound the entire time. They all looked so offended and upset.

Also, the elderly don't keep kicking the back of your chair or text during the movie

Beautiful.

Those motherfuckers LOVE to talk though. "Who is that? What's he doing? Why did that happen? I bet this is gonna happen. Oh, he's a bad guy." I had to legit tell two 70 year olds to "Shut the fuck up" several times during Only Lovers Left Alive.

It was commenting on the media, not reality TV.

Ending ruled because it was dark as fuck. I wasn't a fan of the movie overall for a lot of different reasons though.

Media, and reality tv. (Clarification) Thanks!

The type of show that was portrayed reminded me of Nancy Grace, as I'm sure it did most others. That type of tv, imo, is a version of reality tv.

Most mainstream media is trash, reporting on happenings that are a waste of time, or have no value. You learn nothing from it.

Most programs on tv today resemble that crap. Trash.

Media, and reality tv. (Clarification) Thanks!

The type of show that was portrayed reminded me of Nancy Grace, as I'm sure it did most others. That type of tv, imo, is a version of reality tv.

Most mainstream media is trash, reporting on happenings that are a waste of time, or have no value. You learn nothing from it.

Most programs on tv today resemble that crap. Trash.

My point is it was that way long before what we typically think of as "reality tv" started. It's exploitation and garbage, yes and I agree it's a form of reality tv. But the term "reality tv" usually refers to a specific brand of that garbage.

My point is it was that way long before what we typically think of as "reality tv" started. It's exploitation and garbage, yes and I agree it's a form of reality tv. But the term "reality tv" usually refers to a specific brand of that garbage.

I knew what you meant. :-)

The only reason I didn't like the ending, was the dialogue. I wish she would have just wrote the damn book and finished it. They both hated each other so much, yet didn't want to leave? That is a screwed up sense of security.

"Baby, I love you, but don't be mad when I leave the light on, and lock the bedroom door." "Also, there's a gun in the house, but I'm not telling you where it is." "That's just for my piece of mind"

That would be a hell of children's book though

The absolute best crowd ever was when I went to see The Ten. If you're not familiar it's made by a lot of the same people involved in The State and Wet Hot American Summer. It's a series of sketches (very) loosely related to the ten commandments, but it's weirdo alt comedy. I saw it in a sold out crowd of elderly people who CLEARLY thought it was a religious movie. My friends and I laughed uproariasly through the entire thing. We got there during previews and had to sit in the front. We had no idea what the crowd was like until the lights came on and we turned around. It became immediately obvious why we were the only three people to make literally any sound the entire time. They all looked so offended and upset.

Ah haha I had this same issue when I watched Her !! I was laughing so much during the weird phone sex stuff and it was all elderly people and i was the only one laughing.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic