Kim Deal solo 7" singles series. ~Breeders reunite, Last Splash reissued~

Yeah, you're right. I got mine yesterday and have been too scared to play it. I might see if it works. I have never gotten a record like this and am pretty fortunate that this is the first.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deathbydrums

My pal's 7" has like 20 dimples on it and it makes a wonky sound whenever the needle rides over them. Anyone get their replacement copy yet or know when that should be coming?

My pal's 7" has like 20 dimples on it and it makes a wonky sound whenever the needle rides over them. Anyone get their replacement copy yet or know when that should be coming?

Haven't got the replacement yet but got the email regarding the problem. I'm sure it's going to be a bit longer as they are making a whole new pressing. 

Guest deathbydrums

Hilarious... JUst got this email right after the last post:

Hello,

We have just received confirmation from the manufacturer that the re-pressing of the 7's is complete. Your vinyl will be sent to you by the manufacturer by Friday. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Thanks,

Kim Deal Music

• 2 months later...

"Hello,

This is to notify you that the 2nd release in the Kim Deal Solo Series, 'Hot Shot' b/w 'Likkle More', will be available to purchase on Monday the 29th April, at 12.01am EST.

It is limited to 1000 7-inch records. (Limit of 2 per customer).

It will also be available digitally.

The official 7-inch release of 'Walking with a Killer' b/w 'Dirty Hessians' will be available for pre-order on Monday as well.

Visit www.KimDealMusic.com on Monday for more information or to purchase a copy.

Thank you!"

The official 7-inch release of 'Walking with a Killer' b/w 'Dirty Hessians' will be available for pre-order on Monday as well.

Visit www.KimDealMusic.com on Monday for more information or to purchase a copy.

Thank you!"

What exactly does that mean? Full jacket/artwork?

Yeah, I just read that email and don't understand what the "official" version is supposed to be. Maybe they are releasing the limited to a thousand, pressed in a garage looking edition and then an unlimited version with a nicer cover and labels. Makes me wonder if I should just wait for an "official" version of this next single.

The new single is also up on iTunes/Amazon/etc if you need immediate gratification. It is, as expected, fanfuckingtastic. I love this woman.

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on the picture sleeve version of the first single as well, but that could get out of hand really quick, especially not knowing how many of these there are going to end up being.