Mailing packages to Germany issues?

flood

help?

$6-8, I think, depending on how well you package.

On the topic of lost packages, I had two shipments from the US leave on Nov 8th and I never received them. That was right around when hurricane Sandy was causing issues but one was west coast, one was east coast. Both of those weren't records, one was a preamp, the other a cartridge. But, on Dec 12th, a record was sent to me from the US and I have yet to receive it. I received a record sent from Italy last week that was sent a day before that one...

I usually receive packages from the US in less than two weeks, everywhere else, less than four weeks. Something weird is going on lately and I don't think it's because of the holidays. I've received hundreds of packages from outside of Canada over the last 10 years and these recent issues are the first I've ever had. Am I lucky? I'd say yes but I still think something is happening recently that is causing these problems.

I sent a package Express Mail to Germany on 12/21, it should take 5 days at most.  No info once it left the states.  Called the USPS to "file a claim" or whatever, and they put in an official request for info and told me that the German post office could take up to 17 days to respond.  

Same recipient also is currently missing a shipment from us @ Deathwish, and the info is the same when you track it.  There is no info after it leaves New York.  

it really depends..

I ordered from DW (Converge), got my shipping confirmation on 12/10.. and the records still aren´t here..

then I ordered from Fifth Element (P.O.S), got shipping confirmation on 12/26 and that record arrived today

Yeah, we aren't sure what's up.  Like I said above, I have records I shipped myself to someone who also ordered from us, and both are currently MIA...

Don't worry, people.

I have received every single record I've ever ordered TO Germany. Although, I regularly have to pick up parcels at the customs office.

I once asked, how it is decided, which shipments are delivered and which are held in customs and I got told the following story, which might explain some of the experiences above:

The German parcel service (DHL) is generally allowed to sort out parcels for customs inspections (of which some are released and some are held until picked up from customs office (don't ask me by which rule this is decided...)). Especially around the holidays DHL is under heavy load. To maintain their performance targets they use the customs inspection to lower the number of parcels they have to handle and deliver. I.e., when they have too much to work, they simply select more packages for customs inspections. (Customs of course are also affected by holidays.)

That's actually how a customs officer explained to me, why I had to pick up so many parcels with no customs-relevant value around December a couple years ago.

what the hell is going on with the German post office? i've sent like 10 packages there in the last say 45 days, 2 have been returned, and the other 8 have pretty much disappeared... are we at war with germany and no body told me?

Hey Flood,

I don't know what went wrong. I got both orders (one from your store, one eBay) after more than 7 weeks :( :( . Other stuff ordered the same time, took one or two weeks. Two records bought early December are not here.

In 2012 I ordered more than 200 records from the US, not one got lost  :)  :)  :) .

I can remember in the years before I had the same Problems with stuff ordered in November or December.