Mailing packages to Germany issues?

flood

I have read on other boards that sending records to Germany has been taking obscenely long lately. No clue.

Which boards are you referring to?  Just need to document this, as I have 2 packages I sent to Germany on 11/28 that still haven't arrived and I want to see what others are saying, in case I get a Paypal claim or something else.

if its not marked as merchandise, it's going to sit in customs for a long ass time.  not sure what the hold up is if its marked as merchandise.  seems like they all eventually get there it just takes forever.

Hopefully Sasan will chime in. We've done some trades, I ship Int'l First Class (I'm in US and he in Germany) takes 10 to 14 days.

You've got to do it just right on the customs form, can't recall off the top of my head, but get this American citizens....

He says they open his mail, inspect it, and then call him when it's ready to pick up :o   -- worse than the IRS/ nothing 'sneaking' into DE w/out the right Euro taxes/tariffs/customs or whatever.

if its not marked as merchandise, it's going to sit in customs for a long ass time.  not sure what the hold up is if its marked as merchandise.  seems like they all eventually get there it just takes forever.

my local customs office doesnt care about the customs forms since people are faking the value all the time.

i got a package from the us on saturday, took a bit over two weeks to arrive which is the norm. im still waiting for one package since the beginning of december... my guess so far was that the postal services were swamped with all the packages during the christmas season but that should be over by now.

everything i sent to germany in 2012 was either lost or returned 4-6 months later. i literally just got two emails from people who ordered things in may that haven't gotten them yet. i think i'm done sending things to germany.

weird, not a single package got lost last year.

i received 30+ packages from the US.

everything i sent to germany in 2012 was either lost or returned 4-6 months later. i literally just got two emails from people who ordered things in may that haven't gotten them yet. i think i'm done sending things to germany.

to be honest i feel like thats the worst thing one could do. rather just offer trackable shipping, you'll be safe and if a package should get lost everybody will know who to blame.

I have traded with a guy in Germany a few times. He sends me records, i get them in a week or so, no problem. My records always take much, much, much longer. I mailed a LP an 2 7"s out on the Dec 19th. Hopefully, they arrive some time this month. Wasn't Germany supposed to be the model for Post Office privatization? So much for german efficiency...

Well, it's strange sometimes...
There are times where I receive LPs from the US within 8-10 days, sometimes it takes 6 damn weeks...normally, when the package isn't caught by customs (you'll always be on the safe side with declaring a value of $10-20! I ran into sooooo many problems with "merchandise" and a f*cking invoice inside!), the package arrives pretty quickly at its destination...

Last year, there were at least 80 records from the US arriving here...only one has not (still not sure if it has been shipped at all!)! Strangely enough, I ordered a few LPs at the end of November from NORWAY which still haven't arrived, while the Beatles box set ordered from Popmarket (placed December, 26!) arrived today!

Too be honest, I don't think there is anything more reliable than German Post! When stuff doesn't arrive, it's either stuck at customs or got lost before hitting German ground!

Basically, you can't explain the whole thing...

Which boards are you referring to?  Just need to document this, as I have 2 packages I sent to Germany on 11/28 that still haven't arrived and I want to see what others are saying, in case I get a Paypal claim or something else.

There was a thread on vlv in the past few weeks about this.