Sacred Bones New Releases - The Men, Föllakzoid, The Holydrug Couple

Anyone else notice a steep shipping increase on The Men release?

I ordered the limited Psychic Ills and shipping was $7 to Canada. They quote $11.50 for shipping on The Men release. An LP plus CD can't weigh that much more than an LP plus 7".

That happened to me when I ordered the Sylver Tongue 12" & CDS from Dancing Coins in the UK - it was double the shipping when I added the CD single, which came in a card sleeve and ended up inside of the 12" sleeve during shipping anyways. So it's entirely possible that's why, even if it's a pretty lame reason.

When did you order the other one because Monday shipping went up drastically through USPS, I think it is $5 to Canada now.

You are right, I emailed Sacred Bones and those rate hikes took effect Monday. They said they are working on a system to help International customers out, maybe create additional incentives to make it worth the entire cost.

Unfortunate though, these new prices basically make any one off record order not worth it. Will have to try and develop better relationships with local stores and deal with them to keep costs down. 

• 3 weeks later...

New Moon leaked. It is very disappointing considering how solid all of the previous releases from The Men have been. shittttt

Damn I'm not good at finding leaks

The last time I saw them was right after open your heart came out, and they only played 3 songs off that album and the rest was all new material. I'm stoked on the progression from mostly awesome instrumental hardcore riffing to more structured songs with more lyrics and sicc riffs

New Moon leaked. It is very disappointing considering how solid all of the previous releases from The Men have been. shittttt

completely disagree....I love the new album...its not as good as their last but better than their first full length! I didnt like the super heavy sound as much as this new sound!

Ended up picking up the Psychic Ills standard issue....I just cant shell out $30 for an album that is virtually the same Wax, Cover, Weight ect...and just has a extra outer sleeve!...if they were a little cheaper...but an extra 10-12 for a sleeve is starting to get to me! Dont get me wrong ive order them before and maybe will...again...but I have to really really like the band!

anyway...the psychic ills album is fantastic! their best work so far!!!

Ended up picking up the Psychic Ills standard issue....I just cant shell out $30 for an album that is virtually the same Wax, Cover, Weight ect...and just has a extra outer sleeve!...if they were a little cheaper...but an extra 10-12 for a sleeve is starting to get to me! Dont get me wrong ive order them before and maybe will...again...but I have to really really like the band!

anyway...the psychic ills album is fantastic! their best work so far!!!

The deluxe issue I received came with a poster (not the nicest, just the album cover), but also a bonus 7" of non-album tracks.