VC Fantasy Hockey League

proposed Goalie changes for next year:

3 game min (up from 1 game min)

W, Saves, Save %, GAA, Shutouts (change from W, GAA, S%, SHO)

This would make it 11 points from Skaters and 5 points from Goalies.

Didn't we have saves as a stat last year? I was in a couple leagues so I don't quite remember which was which but I vote for increased goalie significance.

I dont want to take anything away from Goalies, I want to increase their value on a roster.  Below are possible stats in Yahoo... in bold are what we currently have, underlined/italicized is what we are considering adding.  

GS Games Started

W Wins

L Losses

GA Goals Against

GAA Goals Against Average

SA Shots Against

SEC Seconds Played

SV Saves

SV% Save Percentage

SHO Shutouts

Total Total Standard Deviation

I am all for a fifth category for goalies, and am in favour of 2-3 starts requirement. But I would also suggest that we limit the amount of non-IR goalies per team to 4 (or maybe even 3), otherwise there will likely be some serious goalie hoarding. Imagine having one of your goalies injured and there are no other active goalies available and playing for the rest of the week - that would be a shitty way to lose 5 categories at once. Even with up to 4 goalies per team, that would be 48 in the league - every team's starter plus almost 2/3 of the backups - and when you consider the workload of some goalies like Lundqvist, Dubnyk and non-injured Price, it would actually be hard to get to 3 starts if you didn't have enough healthy goalies.

Thanks Ian... mine should be the same, but I thought last year, the $ was just put into my account. Regardless, either way works for me. Thanks again.

My info is the same. Thanks for organizing it all.

Yeah, great final match! Congrats on the win

You guys have been paid you, guess you do have to withdrawl it from Leaguesafe.