Nirvana In Utero Yellow Vinyl Question

never

Is there anyone familiar with the 2009 Yellow reissue of In Utero? There are 2 different yellow releases. One is a transparent neon yellow, while the other is more of a marbled cream color.

The only info I can find is that the yellow vinyl is limited to 4000. I'm pretty sure that the 4000 is refering to the neon color which I believe was a Hot Topic exclusive (along with the blue Nevermind and red unplugged).

So I cant figure out where the cream color came from and how many copies were pressed. Anyone know?

http://img147.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=580463368_IMG_1775_122_219lo.JPG'>th_580463368_IMG_1775_122_219lo.JPG

http://img221.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=047507726_330621738006_122_950lo.jpg'>th_047507726_330621738006_122_950lo.jpg

I am pretty sure that the clear yellow was HT exclusive from like two falls ago and the other is standard. I have the creamish one and I love it. It fits the art perfectly. As for numbers, I have no idea.

i bought a "clear" yellow copy from hot topic, so i don't think the clear ("neon") is a EU pressing.

This is the problem I'm having. Seems like everyone has their own theory about where this cream colored one came from.

I also think the clear one was a Hot Topic exclusive so I really dont think its a EU pressing. But I'm not positive about it. I was actually thinking that the cream color was a European press.

Cream color isn't European. If it is, then that is weird that each of my local record stores have like 15 copies of it. Discogs lists it as US also. You could be right though

I am pretty sure that the clear yellow was HT exclusive from like two falls ago and the other is standard. I have the creamish one and I love it. It fits the art perfectly. As for numbers, I have no idea.

I know there was also a black released at the same time. So I'd think that the black would be standard. I've really been trying to figure this out for a long time now and I just cant get to the bottom of it.

Heres what I know from the copies I have.

The cream color UPC is ..............................002332

The Standard black 2009 reissue UPC is ....969051

The Neon yellow UPC....................................969051 ( i dont have this, but this is the upc i've found from pics online)

So the black and the neon both have the same upc.

But, the only cover that states it was made in USA is the cream color. So maybe the neon and black are not US pressings? Hmmm....I'm so confused.

Can't answer your question but is there anywhere I can pick this up for cheap?

I dont know what you consider cheap.

Best Buy online has In Utero for $29.99. Just from what I see with the UPC, the one that they're selling MIGHT be the cream color vinyl. Its on back order, but you can still order it. They say its limited edition 180g virgin vinyl and the upc is  ......002332. The UPC and "limited edition" makes me think its the cream color record.

So I obviously cant be sure, but from their description, I think its the one you're looking for. I suppose you could always buy it and return it to your local store if it's not the correct one. They have free shipping so you wont be losing any money if you have to return it.

The Clear Yellow pressing was exclusive in the US to Hot Topic a good 2 years after the Cream ORG pressing. Travis posted that in a thread a while back (stupid search function can't find it) and he said it was a EU pressing.

As for the Cream its out of 4000 I think.

The Clear Yellow was out of 1,000 according to Travis/Hot Topic

Yellow marble is the original ORG RTI pressed reissue. The transparent yellow is the pallas pressed ORGMusic reissue. A press run of the latter was available at hot topic.

^^That is the exact answer,You can still get the clear yellow directly from ORG:

http://www.orgmusic.com/store/nirvana-in-utero/

They had an extra batch of 1000 that were sold through Shit Topic.

Damn, that is awesome.

Right? I also snagged Nevermind on 180g blue out of the clearance rack for $10 as well. Shitty thing is after those were gone, my HT hasn't got any good vinyl since then and that was like a year or two ago :/

p.s. once I get cash, I may ask if you could snag one of those in utero LPs for me for cost+shipping. If you're up to the task haha

• 5 months later...