New to Vinyl FAQ

Yeah, I would assume storing the LP behind (rather than IN) the jacket would just make the ringwear look way worse over time. At least on the side of the jacket touching the LP. Obviously, it's not going to cause a problem if it's just for shipping, but storing them inside the jacket long-term seems to make more sense to me. The biggest benefit to storing them outside the jacket is to eliminate seam splitting during shipment, which isn't likely to happen if they're just sitting on a shelf.

I also like those rice paper/poly sleeves that Moonbeams linked (and I've gotten a few records from him using them). They're nice, easy to slip a record into, and they really cut down on static. I've got a couple of records with heavier, stiffer frosted poly sleeves that are also really nice. They're stiffer, so they're easier to insert into the jacket without crumpling, and they also seem to do a nice job of eliminating static. Something like these: http://www.clearbags.com/bags/album/12-1-16-x-12-1-8-lip-frosted-inner-album-covers-100-pieces-blpfs.html

I have a new to eBay question, not sure if this is the right place to post but I didn't want to create a new thread and tried searching for others but wasn't sure where my question applied.  I recently bought The Lucero Attic Tapes LP and the 7 inch from a seller, the condition was marked as excellent for both the sleeve and record.  When I got it on Tuesday I opened it up and found although the sleeve was in excellent condition I believe the record was not.  My first gripe being they shipped the 7 inch inside the paper sleeve the LP came in.  I feel like it's common sense to ship the 7 inch outside of the LP paper sleeve to avoid scratching the LP, and either put it in the cardboard sleeve with the LP paper sleeve against it or put it between the poly sleeve and the cardboard sleeve.  Also the LP  was covered in dust and finger prints when I took it out of the sleeve for inspection.  Tonight I cleaned the LP as best I could and found that it skips in about two or three places.  The 7 inch was fine and in excellent condition in my opinion when I played it.  So I guess my question is what should I do?  I feel like the LP was not in "Excellent" condition considering it has some skips and I'm not playing it on a crosley or anything.  Should I leave bad feedback?  Ask for a partial refund? File a claim?  I guess I would just like some input.  Any answers/opinions would be greatly appreciated.  I don't know how often this thread is read, but thanks for reading if you got this far.

Always contact the seller first. See what he offers. I would want a full refund since it skips, but you'll probably have to pay return shipping. I would not leave negative feedback if I got a refund.

Thanks, I was just unsure how to go about it.  And yeah I think negative feedback is a last resort option if the seller refuses to accommodate/respond at all.  Much appreciated!

Always contact the seller first. See what he offers. I would want a full refund since it skips, but you'll probably have to pay return shipping. I would not leave negative feedback if I got a refund.

Exactly. 

It's stupid that he sent a 7" in the same dust sleeve as the LP. It probably scratched it up. You should take caution against the grading "EX" as its not part of the gold mine standard. I actually use it frequently when I have a record thats way better than VG+, but not quite NM. But unfortunately many sellers will just list everything as EX to move their stuff.

If I were you I would ask for a refund and ask them to pay return shipping because they didn't describe the item properly if there are scratches on the record that didn't brush up against the 7" and they certainly didn't exercise common sense when packaging the item. 

If the seller refuses to accept a return or full refund, you can open a claim. If they give you a refund after that, spare the negative feedback. However, if they want to go down fighting, leave the feedback to warn others: "Seller placed 7" in same sleeve as LP, destroyed record, was rude."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been here for a few months, but I've never looked into trading. How do those work? 

I would read through the selling/trading forum. People with lots of good feedback are more likely to be trustable.

I've personally never had a very bad trading experience. I've only traded a few times, the first guy sent the wrong color record (I had posted a want to trade for a specific color). There are some crooks who prey off of people's trust. I'm $515 in the hole from these jerks. 

I would read through the selling/trading forum. People with lots of good feedback are more likely to be trustable.

I've personally never had a very bad trading experience. I've only traded a few times, the first guy sent the wrong color record (I had posted a want to trade for a specific color). There are some crooks who prey off of people's trust. I'm $515 in the hole from these jerks. 

But there also was that awesome guy who traded you Somewhere in the Between. He was great right? Right?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest joshjenk99

whats up folks!! josh here. living in franklin and listening to music. figured i'd say hey. my sisters boyfriend was going on about this site so i figured id check it out. looks good so far!

• 2 weeks later...