iOS 6.1 Update

jhulud

F56E289C-9307-43BA-8D43-9E01FBEC88F9-512

All mine said was

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

LTE support for more carriers (complete list of supported carriers at www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/)

Purchase movie tickets through Fandango with Siri (USA only)

iTunes Match subscribers can now download individual songs from iCloud

New button to reset the Advertising Identifier

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

OK. So far today:

34 minutes of Usage, 3 hours, 59 Standby I am sitting at 95%. It seems that each time I pick up the phone to use it for few minutes (Check email, IG, Twitter, and Simpsons Tapped Out), it goes down 1% of battery.

Thoughts? Should I do the battery conditioning to run it dry all the way and recharge as recommended every so often? I still think tha 6.1 update went backwards with the battery life.

The 4S and 5 have worse battery than the 4 because of LTE and because of the faster processor. I downgraded to a 4 for this reason alone, and my battery is great. The update added the LTE support for certain carriers so that may be what you're running into.

When I had the 4S I had the same issues as you Juan, and I hated having to charge my phone once a day or have my battery drained on standby.

I have no qualms with having to charge the battery daily. But hell, in the span of 15 minutes of just texting and iMessaging just now, the battery dropped 4% already. That was not happening before the update.

Is there a way to revert back to 6.0 and see if that corrects it? Or am I screwed and at the mercy of an Apple store genius who will more than likely refuse a new battery and tell me to go back to Best Buy where I bought it? Ha!

Should I do the battery conditioning to run it dry all the way and recharge as recommended every so often?

Newer tech hardware batteries (including the iPhone) don't have memory. So this process was only really effective until the mid-late 200X's. Honestly if you essentially let the update 'settle' for a couple days you should start see an improvement. This is coming from an Android user who jumps between custom operating systems, so I don't want to sound too sure about it.

The 4S and 5 have worse battery than the 4 because of LTE and because of the faster processor. I downgraded to a 4 for this reason alone, and my battery is great. The update added the LTE support for certain carriers so that may be what you're running into.

When I had the 4S I had the same issues as you Juan, and I hated having to charge my phone once a day or have my battery drained on standby.

Actually the 4S has no LTE radio. When the 3G speeds would increase higher then usual the phone would report it as 4G even though it was simply a slightly faster 3G signal. This was common with AT&T iPhone 4Ss. I imagine the better battery life you got from downgrading your hardware was a result of the under powered processor/screen. Not that you made a mistake by downgrading, the best tech is the tech that fits your specific needs.

Completely off topic, but man was iTunes 11 horrible. I had to go back to 10.

agreed, i cant stand 11! I loved itunes for its organization. But this is just complicated and so hard to navigate. Itunes gets more confusing every time they update, they just seem to move everything around.

Thanks for all the tips so far. Much appreciated. I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets aggravated when something that is supposed to work fine, doesn't. Especially something as mundane and common nowadays as a fuckin' iPhone! Ha!

You're not the only one buddy, I lose my shit when technology doesn't work the way it's supposed to.  Hulk smash!