Child Bite - Vision Crimes

the search function yielded no results, so I thought Id post this.

Released on 10" vinyl, the 7-song EP is the counterpart to last year's Monomania release. Vision Crimes is Monomania's other half, both in musical aesthetic and visual artwork. The release features elaborately screen-printed jackets, uniquely assembled almost like a pop-up book.

The vinyl pressing features a unique method known as "Aside/Bside" in which two vinyl colors are pressed together, forming color variants which are 100% unique to each individual record. The pressing is limited to 520 copies total, 260 on yellow/purple vinyl (which combine to create what we like to call "Diseased Egg"), and 260 copies on brown/red vinyl (which combine to form the fantastic new color "Bloody Feces"). 

Officially released on January 22, pre-order includes instant MP3 download. 

Just got my diseased egg yesterday along with the free t-shirt and some candy. Artwork is superb once again.

Don't forget to pick up their split with Dope Body over at Forge Again:

http://www.forgeagainrecords.com/releases.php

Third press (VEGAN PIZZA) on red/black vinyl limited to 158 copies now available!

Looks like this:

2510483640-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the collector types, I know for a fact that there are only a handful of copies of the Monomania 10" left, and those are likely being sent to the band to sell at shows. Unless you're somewhere that they're gonna be (Detroit, really) in the next month or so, you should probably get on that through Joyful Noise ASAP before it goes out of print. I think they are almost out of one of the colors of the Vision Crimes 10" too. 

Also, the third press of the split 12" with Dope Body is available from both bands and through Forge Again mailorder (you can listen and order here: http://forgeagainrecords.bandcamp.com/album/child-bite-dope-body ). We sold a ton of them in Europe on that tour and Dope Body has a significant chunk of the copies, which they will likely sell in Europe as well this spring. If you are looking to cop the FIRST pressing, here are some places that I personally stocked with them and should definitely have it:

reckless.com - 1 copy

roboticempire.com - 1 copy

torjohnsonrecords.com - 2 copies (can't remember if they restocked or not - but they did have first press copies originally - might want to ask them)

Pirate Ship (see link above) had 1st press copies too. No idea if they already sold them and restocked with some 2nd or 3rd press copies through Dope Body, so I can't speak as to which those are. 

Thanks for the info. Going to have to jump on this. And I've only got the three first press variations of the Dope Body split, so I've got to track down a second and third press. Such an overall awesome release.

Thanks dude. We are very happy with it. Third press is readily available through the bands and the website. Second press might be a bit trickier. I don't think any copies got out to distros. I know Dope Body sold all of theirs in Europe, Child Bite moved theirs fairly quickly and I only had a handful for mailorder on that press. 

I'm sure they'd be down to play there on their next east coast tour if you hooked em up with a cool show. Get at em! childbite at gmail dot com. 

No idea where you could get the DD/MM/YYYY split. I think they have a bunch of the Big Bear ones left, but the rest are gone. I have one of the TMIBH splits I got from a distro return so I threw it up on the bandcamp (if anybody is looking for it).