PO: Olafur Arnalds - For Now I Am Winter (USA Bundle)

SO the regular vinyl edition is sold out for USA and CANADA but deluxe bundle is still available 

http://www.myplaydirect.com/olafur-arnalds/limited-edition-vinyl-international-version-deluxe-fan-pack/details/27961081

Olafur-Arnalds-For-Now-I-Am-Winter-290x1

Order by February 18th and get your name in the album booklet liner notes found in the CD version!

Pre-order Ólafur's Limited Edition Vinyl (International Version) Deluxe Fan Pack now!

Each Deluxe Fan pack includes International Vinyl plus an insert to download the MP3 tracks found on the vinyl itself, and an autographed vinyl sleeve! You'll also receive the "For Now I Am Winter" U.S. version CD and an exclusive “For Now I Am Winter” Art Book, featuring fan submitted photos, all handpicked by Ólafur himself.

Plus, you will receive a MP3 download of "Old Skin" emailed on 2/14/2013.

As a special bonus - pre–order by February 18th and you'll have your name in the album CD booklet liner notes. 

• 180g Vinyl  of For Now I Am Winter (International version) which includes an MP3 download of
  •  
  • the tracks featured on the album*
  •  
  • Autographed Vinyl Sleeve*
  •  
  • U.S. / CA Special Version "For Now I Am Winter" CD
  •  
  • Fan Art Book
  •  
  • Instant download of "Old Skin" available on February 14
  •  
  • Your name printed in the CD booklet!  

Limited Quantity Available

* Vinyl and autographed vinyl sleeve will arrive in a separate shipment after the CD release date

cool incentives to preorder!!!! 

$35 + $5 to ship?  What kind of garbage is that?

I can't believe the regular edition sold out already.  Didn't this just go up for order earlier this week?  I dig that the "Fan Art book" is included in all three versions... though it makes me expect something fairly modest.  I also like the inclusion of names in the liner notes, though I'm sure there will be an overwhelming list.  And I really like that album art.

Comparing the descriptions, it's tough to say if the 180 gram is limited to the deluxe set or not.

Here is where $35 makes complete sense...Vinyl plus CD plus Art Book! and they are being sent in TWO shipments! and they are not over charging for shipping! pretty cool! Olafur is a super down to earth guy and keeps things classy! his previous vinyl pressings are all super high quality vinyl and artwork!!!!

I think the limited edition vinyl in both are 180g...there may be a standard vinyl later in US that isn't! the only difference with the deluxe vinyl is the Autographed Sleeve!

• 3 weeks later...

It's a pretty cool album. Only listened once and I'm not a huge listener of him but I did enjoy the listen. Favorite parts were when the strings complimented the glitchy parts, went really well. Don't really agree with the Bon Iver comparisons but they aren't terribly off in the vocals.

i started listening right before ATHETWOD came out and have luckily been able to get his full discog on vinyl since. all of his prior releases were put out by erased tapes, a fantastic label out of london. not sure what's still in print. i have never been let down by any of his albums. i think this one is going to be pretty different. a lot more electronics, a full orchestra, and vocals in some tracks. should be nice contrast to the stripped down minimal nature of most of his other stuff.

It's a pretty cool album. Only listened once and I'm not a huge listener of him but I did enjoy the listen. Favorite parts were when the strings complimented the glitchy parts, went really well. Don't really agree with the Bon Iver comparisons but they aren't terribly off in the vocals.

you have it? i'm jealous

• 3 weeks later...

I really want Living Room Songs and Escaped the Weight...two of my favorite albums.  Both are on amazon right now, but if I end up getting both of those, and those two new Sigur Ros reissues, I'll be kicking myself for spending money like that all at once, hahaha.  25 seems a bit silly for a 10", even though it's my most listened to album in my itunes.

I really want Living Room Songs and Escaped the Weight...two of my favorite albums.  Both are on amazon right now, but if I end up getting both of those, and those two new Sigur Ros reissues, I'll be kicking myself for spending money like that all at once, hahaha.  25 seems a bit silly for a 10", even though it's my most listened to album in my itunes.

I think I ended up getting living room songs for like $21 and that included the limited edition DVD ..from I wanna say Forced Exposure...shop around online...importcds also usually has good prices for his stuff!!!! but its worth it that EP/Mini LP is amazing!!! and Escape is his best work IMO and the cover art is to die for!

totally worth it!!! here's my collection from a while ago. "stare" and "another happy day" aren't pictured.

2vmhdgo.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

man they really went all out on this...

received the CD on street date via USPS. just received the package with the vinyl today via freakin' UPS. they included a separate signed sleeve, and then the actual record was in plastic wrap. also came with a digital download and a copy of the CD booklet. AND i only had to pay for shipping once. crazy!