PO Tomorrow: Kishi Bashi 3 x 7" Box Set (Unless JNR VIP)

Tomorrow Kishi Bashi will be announcing the release of a three elaborate 7" singles via Joyful Noise Recordings. Each of the three releases features a single from Kishi Bashi's acclaimed debut album "151a", as well as an unreleased orchestral cover song on Side B. The Side A singles "Manchester", "Bright Whites", and "It All Began With A Burst" are paired with re-imagined orchestral quartet covers of ELO, Talking Heads, and Beirut.

The vinyl itself features a unique 2-color splatter design, with a different color combination for each 7" record (Purple & Orange Vinyl [pictured], Clear & White Vinyl, Blue & Bone White Vinyl, respecively). Additionally, the cover art for each 7" correspond to each other - forming a complete triptych landscape image when all three are placed side by side (awesome photos will be posted tomorrow - sorry we only have the shit ones right now).

The first 500 copies are sold as a three-part box set, including all three 7"s in a custom-built wooden frame. Each Box Set is individually hand-numbered out of just 500 copies, and is personally signed by Kishi Bashi. The 7"s are also available for individual purchase.

Box Sets are currently available to VIPs for $40. The price will increase to $45 when the news goes public mid-day tomorrow eastern time. So hurry your ass up!

http://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/kishi-bashi-3x7-box-set.html

(FYI: individual 7"s will be available tomorrow if awesome limited box sets aren't your thing.)

<3 The JNR Team

Also this forum is to give insight to other members about what is being released. And giving them the best deal. So to my fellow veteran VCrs i hope this was helpful.

Unless they specifically asked you all not to post this anywhere, I don't see a problem. Free advertisement on a vinyl board with a ton of members = win for the label.

One thing I ask you to is to not include the link. This is unfair to VIP members and others. If people give out the special link that less than 200 have, it soon becomes 1,000+. Why you may ask? There are fans on the Jnr label that still want an opportunity once it is actually released that don't have the subscription.

JNR said:
We are meeting with our web developer today to discuss this very
topic. Currently we are only able to send "hidden" links to VIPs, but these aren't secure from folks sharing the links. Only
from the public website navigation. However, we are working to make it
so that the releases are only viewable after a VIP member has logged
into his/her account. 

In the mean time we will be on the lookout for those non-VIPs who order, and they will go to the back of the line.

So in the meantime, good for you, non-VIPers, for getting the upfront discount, but I think the numbering will be prioritized for VIPers (whether that matters to you or not) but you might want to sign up for the extra goodies and first dibs soon... I think it's worth it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...