That Record I Haven't Listened to in Forever...

I'm combing through stuff to sell off - I have a ton but it's making me listen to vinyl I haven't pulled out in forever. So, here is the challenge: Pull out a 7" or LP that you haven't spun in years but remember there was a reason you kept it around all this time. 

Don't pull out any Brand New, Thrice or Blink - keep it to stuff that is a bit obscure and has been sitting around for a considerable amount of time, preferably years. Give it a fresh spin, post a photo and tell us about it. I'm hoping this will spur us to explore some obscure items or just stroll down memory lane. 

Here is the 7" that inspired me to start this thread:

Crownhate Ruin / Karate split 7"

This 7" came out in 1996 and I don't think I've played in 10 years. The Crownhate side had me curious since I couldn't recall their sound but have fond memories of seeing them a couple times. Karate speaks for itself and the song Cherry Coke got me into them at a time when I was far more interested in the NYHC sound and the scene building around Hot Water Music back in Gainesville. Crownhate are definitely in line with Karate but a harder edge full of emotion - loved it and now I need to listed to everything that I've passed on all these years.

Another worthwhile bit of info is that this 7" came out on Art Monk Construction. AMC was a label that I followed closely as they had their fingers on the pulse of a growing scene both in the DC area and Nationally. I love the Junction "Swingset" LP they put out and recommend it highly. If you see that AMC logo in the dollar bin I bet it's worth a shot. 

8463669912_a75e247df0.jpg

Yeah - that's not quite it. Ha Ha. This record is from back when emo was relevant and good. I know some will disagree with that but I swear so much of what is on this piece of vinyl was totally fresh at that time.

EDIT:

Apparently Crownhate Ruin still has a Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/crownhateruin

Yes, it lives up in my opinion.

I used to have this album when I was younger, and would listen to it all the time. When we moved from canada to the US ~15 years ago we sold a ton of vinyl and this was one of them. Last week a coworker was at a thrift store and found this and picked it up for me. It brought back so many memories when I put it on. It's now one of my most prized possessions.

I used to have this album when I was younger, and would listen to it all the time. When we moved from canada to the US ~15 years ago we sold a ton of vinyl and this was one of them. Last week a coworker was at a thrift store and found this and picked it up for me. It brought back so many memories when I put it on. It's now one of my most prized possessions.

You moved FROM Canada TO the US? That sucks.

I listen to Karate's The Bed is in the Ocean weekly. Was it ever pressed? I'd love to own it. I owned In Place of Real Insight for awhile but had to sell it when I was on tough times. This thread is bumming me out.

Yes, TBIITO was pressed.

Catapult - 4 song EP

sRfdY20.jpg

Here's a relic. I bought this years and years ago and maybe gave it a half assed listen then. I haven't thought about this record in years. I'm assuming I picked it up because it was cheap, the packaging is interesting, and it thanks The Van Pelt and Karate on the back. It's not bad. It's sort of like a less mopey, more Neutral Milk Hotel inspired American Analog Set.  I really don't know anything about this band at all. The record came out on the Blackbean and Placenta label.

Catapult - 4 song EP

sRfdY20.jpg

Here's a relic. I bought this years and years ago and maybe gave it a half assed listen then. I haven't thought about this record in years. I'm assuming I picked it up because it was cheap, the packaging is interesting, and it thanks The Van Pelt and Karate on the back. It's not bad. It's sort of like a less mopey, more Neutral Milk Hotel inspired American Analog Set.  I really don't know anything about this band at all. The record came out on the Blackbean and Placenta label.

Two things. 1. Never heard of this band, but based on your description I will be checking them out. and 2. that might be the best label name ever.