PO: KVELERTAK - Meir 2-LP Gatefold Vinyl Set (Import)

Picked up the Danish version at a local record shop a couple of days ago. I can't imagine that a great deal of the localized variants have been pressed, except for the Norwegian one. To sell, let's say, 500 copies of an album on vinyl in Denmark you'd have to be Radiohead, David Bowie or an immensely popular Danish act with a vinyl-buying fanbase, like Kashmir or Mew. So it must be a lot less for Kvelertak to go around.

Production wise I like this better than the debut. Godcity does a metal album good! Also a nice touch that they've kept the new album design in line with the previous one.

Random bump; this record is totally growing on me.  Anyone who wrote it off as a failed attempt to match the S/T - after just one listen - really needs to go back and play it again.  But louder.

And if there's anyone who hasn't ordered the vinyl, and would be willing to save some cash on a black (mint) copy: I plan on seeing the band in May... and if the tour variant strikes my fancy, I'll be grabbing one of those and selling my black copy to offset the cost.  I'm willing to eat a few bucks to give someone a great deal, if they're willing.  It's currently sealed, and I'll be keeping it mint until I can decide which copy I'm going to hold onto.

Just food for thought.

Random bump; this record is totally growing on me.  Anyone who wrote it off as a failed attempt to match the S/T - after just one listen - really needs to go back and play it again.  But louder.

And if there's anyone who hasn't ordered the vinyl, and would be willing to save some cash on a black (mint) copy: I plan on seeing the band in May... and if the tour variant strikes my fancy, I'll be grabbing one of those and selling my black copy to offset the cost.  I'm willing to eat a few bucks to give someone a great deal, if they're willing.  It's currently sealed, and I'll be keeping it mint until I can decide which copy I'm going to hold onto.

Just food for thought.

100% agree.  I think it's better than their first album.  Crushes.  Can't wait to see them live again.

• 4 weeks later...

I went and saw Kvelertak with Cancer Bats and Black Tusk last night. If you haven't seen Kvelertak live, it's something you need to do.

A f*ckin' big rock 'n roll party. Everyone was having crazy fun, fists and horns in the air, singing lyrics they didn't even understand. The band sounded amazing and looked like they were having a good time.

They had a bunch of shirts $15, a hat, promo poster $1, and the two records $25, which seemed to be the black versions. Wish they had some sort of tour press.

I was at the same show.  I believe I share your exact sentiments -- that encore was something else, too.

I am positive there was talk of a red tour variant, out of 500.  I had full intentions of "upgrading" my standard black copy, and my accompanying friend was super-awesome in buying a Meir for me on our way out.  I just got around to opening it this morning, and... yup.  Definitely black vinyl.  Identical to the copy I pre-ordered.  If anyone would like a mint, unplayed [shrink slit] copy of Meir, I'd be incredibly grateful to sell it at cost.  I'd be willing to eat a buck or two and sell it for $27 PPD.  Plus some sweet VC feedback.  Anyone?  Anyone?

I was at the same show.  I believe I share your exact sentiments -- that encore was something else, too.

I am positive there was talk of a red tour variant, out of 500.  I had full intentions of "upgrading" my standard black copy, and my accompanying friend was super-awesome in buying a Meir for me on our way out.  I just got around to opening it this morning, and... yup.  Definitely black vinyl.  Identical to the copy I pre-ordered.  If anyone would like a mint, unplayed [shrink slit] copy of Meir, I'd be incredibly grateful to sell it at cost.  I'd be willing to eat a buck or two and sell it for $27 PPD.  Plus some sweet VC feedback.  Anyone?  Anyone?

That's funny that you were there. Where were you? If facing the stage, I was left side, wearing my Converge hoodie. I was one of the people the guitarist tried to get on stage, but it wasn't feeling like a stage dive night for me. Glad I didn't flake on going.

That's funny that you were there. Where were you? If facing the stage, I was left side, wearing my Converge hoodie. I was one of the people the guitarist tried to get on stage, but it wasn't feeling like a stage dive night for me. Glad I didn't flake on going.

I was to the left side as well.  Standing with a great view of the stage, right next to the staff members who shielded me (and everyone else) from the rowdy moshers.  I think I may have seen you; were you wearing an On My Shield hoodie?  I think I was behind you, at one point.  I was the haggard looking dude with glasses and a Jane Doe T.

I'm down for it if I haven't gotten it by the time ya go

A little confused.  I went last night -- I'm currently sitting on two copies.  Both black; one is mint with a single slit down the shrink, so I could disappoint myself by checking the variant.  Otherwise untouched, and ready to ship at any moment.

I saw the same tour in Detroit. It was a killer show, I just wish I had been in a better mood. They unfortunately didn't have either record with them when I saw them, so I'll gladly buy yours from you if you still have it in a couple of weeks when I've got some cash!

Hate to be that guy, but I ended up selling it to a good VC-friend who just discovered the band.  My Paypal should be padded enough to handle any orders between now and next week -- I'm sorry I couldn't hold out any longer.  The good news is that there are quite a few right around my asking price, on Discogs at the moment.  I would've held off and waited until next week if those weren't readily up for grabs.