Goodbye To Video Rental.

It just sucks though because I remember when I couldn't find anything, Jeremy who was maybe a junior in high school would come by and help me find something, he got me into Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, and a bunch of other series a 9 year old would never pick up on their own, and I think it sucks that my child will only have my taste to go off of as reference in the future. I owe it to the pubescent teens at blockbuster for getting me into the movies I love today.

Why did you stop going for two years?

I worked for Blockbuster for 2 years, and I too, was robbed at gunpoint.

best part is, afterwards my manager (who had been a marine) ran to the phone and held it up and stared at it and asked me "Whats the number for the police?"

to which i replied.

We just got robbed at gunpoint motherfucker, I think its time for nine-eleven.

I worked for Blockbuster for 2 years, and I too, was robbed at gunpoint.

best part is, afterwards my manager (who had been a marine) ran to the phone and held it up and stared at it and asked me "Whats the number for the police?"

to which i replied.

We just got robbed at gunpoint motherfucker, I think its time for nine-eleven.

i dont know what i would do...guns scare me. ive shot guns before, and what not, but never with a gun in a life and death situation.

...he really said that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpPmIHQAP2Y

How widespread is Family Video?  It's a chain that sprung up around here post Blockbuster decline and they advertise that they're the only chain in the market that's actually growing.  I know a lot of people who stop there weekly to rent, and it's really cheap.

Yeah, everything is so cheap there compared to how Blockbuster was.  There was a FV that sprung up about 30 seconds from the Blockbuster I used to go to, and their prices just blew them away.  They even had a deal where you'd get like half off rentals for a month if you gave them your Blockbuster card to cut up.

Blockbuster was been struggling for awhile, there were alerts for bankruptcy during my first year here at school. The stock plummeted as well, overpriced video rentals can not compete with digital markets/Red Box/Torrents/Etc. Why would I rent a physical copy from a store? Especially when I can stream the same movie in HD from the comfort of my household?

As for the people, stick with the recommended movies page on whatever digital rental service you choose :P All the movies that would be awesome recommended without all the acne and lisps!