Ebay-Brand New Deja/YFW,Mars Volta Frances 3x,ETID,Alexisonfire

banewins1

Just listed a bunch of cool stuff on ebay.  

Brand New - Deja Entendu 

Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon 1st Press White

Mars Volta - Frances the Mute 3xLP

Alexisonfire - Aussie Tour 7" 

ETID - Last Night in Town

ETID - The Big Dirty  

http://www.ebay.com/sch/banewins/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

This is by no means meant to be an insult to you for listing Deja on eBay. I would just like to point out that I still don't understand the stupidity of somebody bidding when there is still 5 days left. Deja is the only one I looked at and it's already at 233$, I don't understand...

This is by no means meant to be an insult to you for listing Deja on eBay. I would just like to point out that I still don't understand the stupidity of somebody bidding when there is still 5 days left. Deja is the only one I looked at and it's already at 233$, I don't understand...

People are idiots, news at 11.

Probably people who actually use the max-bid feature or just like a bidding war haha

I see this issue pop up a lot on these boards, and for the life of me don't get the confusion. 

People put a price amount on a record, and that's what they're willing to pay. It doesn't matter the time of the bid or how many days are left on the item!

For example, if you would pay MAX $300 for a record, it doesn't matter if you put that price in when it starts at 99 cents, or if you put it in at the last second. It doesn't bump the price to $300 automatically, it only increases the next increment as someone else bids on the item.

Keep in mind not everyone has time to sit around on the last day and bid war with people. So a couple days ahead they put in the highest price, and that's it. Also when you bid war with people, it can tend to make you impulse bid and perhaps overpay when you're in the moment. You can avoid that with max bid. 

If the final bid ends up lower than that, good because you paid less then you were willing. If it ends higher you missed out, but atleast you didn't over pay. 

Yeah, sometimes I sit around the last couple minutes of an auction, but sometimes I just don't have time or I think I'll forget the listing because a busy week is coming up. I'll put in my max bid and forget about the auction until I get an email saying I won or lost. 

Don't know what's so hard about understanding that. 

As a (semi-) reasonable buyer, early bids allow me to realize when something is out of my price range. 

For example: a '65 mono pressing of A Love Supreme by John Coltrane (AKA One Of The Greatest Albums Of All Time). I was planning to bid on it when the price was at $15 with 5 days left... or even $35 with 2 days left. Today, it's $105.50. I will NOT be doing the last-minute bid on this one....

As a (semi-) reasonable buyer, early bids allow me to realize when something is out of my price range. 

For example: a '65 mono pressing of A Love Supreme by John Coltrane (AKA One Of The Greatest Albums Of All Time). I was planning to bid on it when the price was at $15 with 5 days left... or even $35 with 2 days left. Today, it's $105.50. I will NOT be doing the last-minute bid on this one....

use snipeswipe and put in your max bid on day 1, wait and see if you get it.  if not, then you didnt hose yourself by getting caught up in last minute bidding (have done it and always regretted it)

I see this issue pop up a lot on these boards, and for the life of me don't get the confusion. 

People put a price amount on a record, and that's what they're willing to pay. It doesn't matter the time of the bid or how many days are left on the item!

For example, if you would pay MAX $300 for a record, it doesn't matter if you put that price in when it starts at 99 cents, or if you put it in at the last second. It doesn't bump the price to $300 automatically, it only increases the next increment as someone else bids on the item.

Keep in mind not everyone has time to sit around on the last day and bid war with people. So a couple days ahead they put in the highest price, and that's it. Also when you bid war with people, it can tend to make you impulse bid and perhaps overpay when you're in the moment. You can avoid that with max bid. 

If the final bid ends up lower than that, good because you paid less then you were willing. If it ends higher you missed out, but atleast you didn't over pay. 

Yeah, sometimes I sit around the last couple minutes of an auction, but sometimes I just don't have time or I think I'll forget the listing because a busy week is coming up. I'll put in my max bid and forget about the auction until I get an email saying I won or lost. 

Don't know what's so hard about understanding that. 

all this does is make it more likely that you will pay closer to your max price.  there are tools out there that will bid an item at the end of an auction for you, not going over your max bid.  other people are using them, they arent necessarily sitting by the computer waiting for the listing to end