Album Enders

Tooooooo many. I love great album closers.

The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die - Getting Sodas from Whenever, If Ever

As Cities Burn – Timothy from Come Now Sleep

mewithoutYou – All Circles from Ten Stories

mewithoutYou – In a Sweater Poorly Knit from Brother, Sister

Neutral Milk Hotel – Two-Headed Boy pt. 2 from In the Aeroplane over the Sea

Caspian - Sycamore from Tertia

Pianos Become the Teeth – I'll Get By from The Lack Long After

The Chariot – Cheek. from One Wing

La Dispute – You and I in Unison from Wildlife

Godspeed You! Black Emperor – Providence from F#A# Infinity (although it's only the 3rd track...)

Defeater – Cowardice from Travels

Anathallo – Kasa No Hone from Floating World

Bright Eyes – Road to Joy from I'm Wide Awake It's Morning

David Bazan – In Stitches from Curse Your Branches

Cloud Cult – There's So Much Energy in Us from Light Chasers

Birds In Row – Lovers Have Their Say from You, Me, and the Violence

Touche Amore – Amends from Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me

This Will Destroy You – Burial On the Presidio Banks from S/T

and i dont even know if anyone knows this band, but this is an awesome closer, and one of my favorite songs of all time:

Endless Mike and the Beagle Club – Mr. Millers Opus from  The Husky Tenor

wanted to add to this:

Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band – Ring Them Bells (Freedom Has Come and Gone) from Horses in the Sky

edit: also another Silver Mt Zion one... The Triumph of Our Tired Eyes from Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upward

Defeater - Bled Out (face ripping epic-ness..."THAT FUCKING COWAAAARD"

Cloudkicker - You could laugh forever but never end up happy (such a hauntingly beautiful song...so perfect)

Muse - Megalomania (If they ever do a farewell show, this needs to be the last song they ever play)

The Appleseed Cast - Illumination Ritual (because I read 11 pages without this band mentioned yet so why not?)

I absolutely love IR to death, but that last / self-titled track seems so out of place to me, for whatever reason. Even after countless listens I still can't seem to warm up to its position on that record. It's weird.

I agree with this. I still like the song a lot, & just wanted to shoe horn TAC into this thread.

You've pretty much covered the essentials of Appleseed, minus Mare Vitalis. That album is top-notch, if not a little more direct than the sprawling "post-rock" sound they've honed over the years. And a ton of people praise Two Conversations, but it doesn't do a whole lot for me, personally. Probably my least favorite Appleseed release... which makes me very eager to hear what you may think of it, actually.

You've pretty much covered the essentials of Appleseed, minus Mare Vitalis. That album is top-notch, if not a little more direct than the sprawling "post-rock" sound they've honed over the years. And a ton of people praise Two Conversations, but it doesn't do a whole lot for me, personally. Probably my least favorite Appleseed release... which makes me very eager to hear what you may think of it, actually.

Two Conversations just sounds so... elementary??? compared to the rest of their discography. I like the emotion, but it doesn't do much for me either. I would have probably been pissed off if I followed them back before it released and was anticipating it after the magnificence that is LLO.

Looks like I have the best homework assignment ever.

793.gif

Two Conversations just sounds so... elementary??? compared to the rest of their discography. I like the emotion, but it doesn't do much for me either. I would have probably been pissed off if I followed them back before it released and was anticipating it after the magnificence that is LLO.

Right?  I actually grabbed their discography back when I first started exploring the band with Sagarmatha.  And for the life of me, it took me a good two or three years to condition my brain to acknowledge that Two Conversations comes after LLO, chronologically.  That still blows my mind.  Such a regression in my books, and then they bounced right back from it.  Probably the most bizarre hiccup I've seen in a band's consistency, ever.  I totally agree with your last comment, too.  I consider the LLO volumes to be among their best material to date.  Talk about a temporary 180.