Looks absolutely awful so far.

everyone announced so far other than postal service has played before.

i'm guessing there's gotta be at least one big announcement and i hope it's not the cure, as that wouldn't be a big surprise. NIN was supposedly a lock. i'm expecting a huge undercard though, which could convince me to go. i'll be happy about seeing phoenix again and vampire weekend will be better than having no one i want to see headline.

i didn't miss it. i got put in a standby room for 10 minutes. the tickets sold out within 3. then it told me it was "finding tickets" and finally "timed out". there were 20,000 people viewing the lolla message board and tons of thousands of facebook fans when they went up, yet only 350 pairs. at this point its like winning the lottery. i understand it, it's just bullshit that they have you wait for four days straight even though you most likely won't get them.

i didn't miss it. i got put in a standby room for 10 minutes. the tickets sold out within 3. then it told me it was "finding tickets" and finally "timed out". there were 20,000 people viewing the lolla message board and tons of thousands of facebook fans when they went up, yet only 350 pairs. at this point its like winning the lottery. i understand it, it's just bullshit that they have you wait for four days straight even though you most likely won't get them.

Would it really hurt them to do 1,000 pairs. They are already making bank, bro.

everyone announced so far other than postal service has played before.

i'm guessing there's gotta be at least one big announcement and i hope it's not the cure, as that wouldn't be a big surprise. NIN was supposedly a lock. i'm expecting a huge undercard though, which could convince me to go. i'll be happy about seeing phoenix again and vampire weekend will be better than having no one i want to see headline.

Yeah there's no way they could expect a good turnout with headliners like that.  None of those are even "headliner bands".  Only a couple are even 2nd tier headliners.

Oh and are Mumford and Sons headlining every single Festival across the country this year?  Are they the next Red Hot Chili Peppers?  Haha.

Yeah there's no way they could expect a good turnout with headliners like that.  None of those are even "headliner bands".  Only a couple are even 2nd tier headliners.

Oh and are Mumford and Sons headlining every single Festival across the country this year?  Are they the next Red Hot Chili Peppers?  Haha.

I think they can probably expect a good turnout regardless of who's playing. Although I agree with your point that the bands aren't worthy of headliner status.

Kudos for laughing at your own joke--made it exponentially funnier.

I was there when Phoenix headlined against Green Day and it was packed. I also saw Vampire Weekend headline pitchfork last year and they pulled it off.

Yeah but Lollapalooza is supposed to be marquee festival rivaled by only Coachella and Bonnaroo across the country every year. Seems like theyre just pulling from the same ol' festival-circuit this year instead of throwing a lot of dough at someone unique and exclusive to this festival. Im sure the undercard will have some nice names but for the last 3 years their headliners have been uninspired, IMO.

Dont want to take anything away from Postal Services because I enjoy their 1 album but how can you call them a headliner when they've only got that 1 album? Can they even fill a sets worth of material if they play their lone album front to back? Its a great draw as an undercard but headliner? Absolutely not.

You complain a lot. If you don't like the line-up don't go. Pretty fucking simple concept.

I just expect a little more vision, considering their budget. Thats all. I probably wont go like I havent for the past few years. Just a little annoyed that year after year for the past 3 years, this fest has been a letdown lineup-wise. Who knows? Maybe the undercard will get me out for a day...

Dont want to take anything away from Postal Services because I enjoy their 1 album but how can you call them a headliner when they've only got that 1 album? Can they even fill a sets worth of material if they play their lone album front to back? Its a great draw as an undercard but headliner? Absolutely not.

Postal service and the national aren't headlining, they were just announced.