Game of Thrones: Season 3

So continuing with what I said about Iwan Rheon's character, and to the people who have read the books (because I haven't), how bad ass is Ramsey Snow going to be?  Without spoiling it of course.

I'm not sure if "bad ass" is how I would describe Bolton's bastard, Ramsay Snow.  Try to imagine how much you despise King Joffrey (shouldn't be too hard) and then multiply it by 10 because Ramsay is seriously one sick and twisted dude.

Forgive me if this is a n00b question.

Jon Snow is (supposedly) Ned Stark's bastard.

Ramsay Snow is Bolton's bastard.

Do all bastards end up with the last name 'Snow' or something? Is it because they are from the North, and they can't take the family name? So it's just like an umbrella term? Not sure what's up with that.

I hope Rheon dude can play him well.  In the books I got a feeling that he was fat and ugly, and I wouldn't go on to say that Rheon is either of those.

I really hope they don't fuck up this season though, because IMO they fucked up season 2 pretty badly, and book three is hands down the best book.

all caught up, this is the best show on TV, easily.  cannot believe I slept on this.  

if anyone is going to post spoilers, can you please hide them?  I have not read the books, doubt I will, and its just dang polite to do so.  

how many books are there by the way?  

If you consider Game of Thrones to be the best show on TV then you really, really, ought to read the books.  At least the first three in the series.  So far there have been five books released with two more to go (according to GRRM anyway).

I hadn't read a book (other than something assigned for school) in probably over a decade.  Probably even longer than that yet once I got started with these books I could not stop and read all of them within the span of a couple months.  Highly addicting and highly recommended.

It was ok. Sometimes you get those episodes where they check-in on most everyone but nothing really moves forward. Its got to be hard to handle a show so big. I was into it. 

Side note for you HBO viewers. Has anyone watch the new Vice show?

especially since book three is broken up over two years, there are probably going to be a handful of episodes in the next two years that will only be there to build up the storyline. 

I hope Rheon dude can play him well.  In the books I got a feeling that he was fat and ugly, and I wouldn't go on to say that Rheon is either of those.

I really hope they don't fuck up this season though, because IMO they fucked up season 2 pretty badly, and book three is hands down the best book.

For some reason I never had much of a mental image for Ramsay.  I'm a big fan of the site towerofthehand.com and this is the picture they have for Ramsay:

Ramsay.png

As for reading the books... other than having some of the story spoiled by the show there will be plenty of time until the series is over.  GRRM still has two books left and it took him like 10 years to put out the last two.  So yeah, it's going to be A WHILE.

It was ok. Sometimes you get those episodes where they check-in on most everyone but nothing really moves forward. Its got to be hard to handle a show so big. I was into it. 

Side note for you HBO viewers. Has anyone watch the new Vice show?

The Vice show is pretty cool, i enjoyed it