Ender's Game [now with Trailer!]

ENDER'S GAME TRAILER! ENDER'S GAME TRAILER!

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/7/4309392/watch-first-enders-game-trailer-google-hangout

thoughts?

i don't know how i feel about that 16 year old kid almost as tall as Harrison Ford playing Ender. If you haven't read the book, a pretty integral part of his character is overcoming the fact that he's so much younger (6 years old in the beginning) and smaller than everyone else.

Did you read them when you were younger or older?

My wife has been a big fan of the series for a long time, but I know nothing about it. To me, from the outside looking in, it seems pretty young, like the Hunger Games. Not to say it won't be good, but.... I'm not excited. Maybe if I read the books first, hence the first question.

Yeah, so good. When I reread it a couple years ago, I couldn't believe how hard it was to put down. I read this in one day and Speaker for the Dead the next day. I just didn't feel like doing anything else haha.

Not a huge fan of the in space ones with Ender, but the entire Shadow arc is absolutely fantastic. Ender In Exile is reasonably cool too.

Man, screw you guys.  I'm stoked for this movie.  Ender's Game is one of my favorite books of all time.  And the movie, while not coming close to being as good as the book, still looks awesome.  If not for the soul fact of seeing zero gravity team battles and the fantasy Mind Game on the big screen.

And.  Harrison Ford is the man.

Did you read them when you were younger or older?

My wife has been a big fan of the series for a long time, but I know nothing about it. To me, from the outside looking in, it seems pretty young, like the Hunger Games. Not to say it won't be good, but.... I'm not excited. Maybe if I read the books first, hence the first question.

i read three of the books (Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, and Speaker for the Dead) last year and loved them.  Speaker for the Dead is wayyyyy different stylistically than Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow.