Teachers of the world, unite!

• 1 year later...

Been a while since this has been bumped.

^ I did that on and off for the better part of 3 years through college. Definitely an underappreciated position. Nothing like stripper fumes in the summer.

Seeing as I'm trying to finish my masters program full time to become a teacher, a lot more goes into preparation as well as daily work. So I would only imagine the breaks are a necessity for everyone. Plus how else would a thorough cleaning/painting get done?

Wow I wrote this just as I was quitting my Admissions Counselors job last year. I quit, finished my masters full time, and was a substitute paraprofessional in that time. Now I'm going to get in to set up my class tomorrow for the first time as a teacher. I got hired last month as an 8th grade special education teacher for emotionally disturbed students. I'm going to be doing homeroom Math and ELA, and I'm kind of nervous about the math part. Either way tomorrow I'm going to meet the Assistant Principal for my site and my paraprofessional.

I assumed most teachers on here already started classes. Here in NYC we start classes a few days after Labor Day. Any recommendations for online resources I should use for planning and/or activities?

Man. You and I might need to meet for a beer this school year.

I heard teaching will drive you to drink. A meet indeed shall happen.

I teach. 7th year. Year is going well, but I'm too busy to do anything.

I heard clear my schedule as well.

I met my paraprofessional and all of my staff at the site. They all seems very nice. My para has worked with most of my students previously so I shouldn't have many surprises. Also helps my coordinator taught my grade and curriculum previously.