PO: I Kill Giants - I Kill Giants

http://brokenworldmedia.bigcartel.com/product/i-kill-giants-i-kill-giants-lp

500 on Hot Pink. 

Best live set I saw in a show that had Old Gray, Prawn, Modern Baseball, Have Mercy, and Julia Brown. Really fantastic math pop/twinkly emo stuff. Check it out. http://ikillgiants.bandcamp.com/

Broken World is putting out some awesome stuff this year. Gonna pick this up with their 7" pretty soon.

Me too. With the Old Gray album too. Want to see if shipping can be adjusted from the settings because the store automatic settings are ridiculous, 1050 for two LPs and a 7" haha

I wish they'd do more than 1 color for their first pressings.  I'll pick this up later since it'll be around forever.  Still waiting on my Old Gray LP.

Broken World posted on their social media that the second round of test pressings got approved, so it's in production now and will probably ship in the next couple weeks. Sucks that the first tests didn't work out, but I'd rather wait twice as long and get a record that sounds great than get a shitty record on time.

Broken World posted on their social media that the second round of test pressings got approved, so it's in production now and will probably ship in the next couple weeks. Sucks that the first tests didn't work out, but I'd rather wait twice as long and get a record that sounds great than get a shitty record on time.

Ohh.  Makes sense.  I didn't hear about the rejected press.  Good to hear.

let's not get a TWY or YBI! situation going on here

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah I don't get why they are slacking so much all of a sudden. I saw on Facebook that I Kill Giants posted this though:

"We'd like to apologize for the delays on our full-length vinyl, the record pressing plants have been backed up for months and the dudes at Broken World Media are trying their best to get everything out."

So no real time table for when the records will be in, but at least we know there's a delay and are just waiting on the records to arrive. I'll probably order this when I know they have them in hand.

It bums me out to hear people are having a shitty experience with BWM. They've never been anything but awesome to me I've been ordering from Derrick since before BWM was a thing. The worst I've had happen was a couple times I ordered a bunch of stuff and they forgot one of the patches. Both times I sent an email, got a prompt apology, and had it in a couple days.

I just think they put their preorders up WAY too early, so a little delay turns into a huge deal. I actually forgot I even ordered the I Kill Giants LP.

It bums me out to hear people are having a shitty experience with BWM. They've never been anything but awesome to me I've been ordering from Derrick since before BWM was a thing. The worst I've had happen was a couple times I ordered a bunch of stuff and they forgot one of the patches. Both times I sent an email, got a prompt apology, and had it in a couple days.

I just think they put their preorders up WAY too early, so a little delay turns into a huge deal. I actually forgot I even ordered the I Kill Giants LP.

Me too, but they're just totally ignoring everyone now

• 5 months later...

It seems like they've gotten their act together over time. Surprisingly, I Kill Giants still had some of these LPs on their farewell tour but all the jackets were soggy & wet...emailed BWM about a replacement sleeve, Derrick got back to me soon enough, and I got a fresh I Kill Giants sleeve + an LP from a band called Reservoir for free. Pretty damn good customer service for a $5 record from a West Philly basement show.

• 4 years later...