MLIW Midnight in America LPs

Hi everybody. I'm new here, and I figured I would start by attempting to contribute something useful :)

Soooooo...currently LifeLine records has all 3 colors of the Midnight in America LP in their store. Last few copies of the first pressing!

I just snagged a red and a black/white. This LP fucking rules.

Per Lifeline's site:

The good news...we do have a few more copies of Midnight In America on red vinyl, however the whole first pressing is close to being sold out, so get in your orders before they are gone

And welcome to the board! Always nice to have a MLIW fan around. Do some research, you'll find a few MLIW threads going that include pics of all the different pressings available including Stagger Lee 7"s

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree. It took me a few times through for it to click; at first I thought this record was pretty dull. But I love it. The pace is different, but the lyrics are fantastic. It may not translate as well to live performance as the first two, but I can't stop listening to this record.

yeah, i mean i definitely get what youre saying. and i know a lot of people share that sentiment. but my favorite MLIW song is the outsiders, so thats sort of where im coming from. theres a lot of that epic buildup on that record for sure. i guess i just kind of like how i can almost "feel" the plight of the midwest working man through that record. slow, begrudging but full of emotion and with a story to tell. god im gay.