MMA Discussion

Kind of blows my mind that people are saying Silva was fighting like an asshole or whatnot. That's how he always fights. He toys with guys to get in their heads. The only fight that I can remember him not doing it in recently was his fight against Vitor.

If Anderson would have finished Chris (and it looked like he was starting to break him down, Chris stayed remarkably composed) everyone would be talking about how it was another masterful performance and that Silva is the GOAT.

Didn't happen that way. 

With that said huge huge HUGE win by Weidman. As upset as I am about Anderson losing, I'm interested to see where the division goes from here. Silva doesn't seem like he wants the rematch, yet Dana is letting Chris sit on the shelf while waiting on Anderson to decide. If he doesn't want the rematch Chris should fight Belfort. He's the true no 1 contender IMO, there's no way he isn't. He's 4-0 at MW since losing to Silva and has obliterated two guys who would have received title shots if they had beat him.

Exactly. He always fights like a disrespectful asshole. Thats his game, and normally it works great. Like Dana said in the post fight presser, had he fought like that an won (as he usually does), people would be hailing him as a genius per usual. It didn't work out this time, and people are taking shit about it. 

The Vitor situation is interesting. I don't think he may have a hard time fighting anywhere in the US, as last I heard, Nevada won't license him for his TRT exemption due to his past abuse of testosterone. I think the same goes for everywhere else up here. And having Weidman fight Vitor in Brazil or Canada doesn't make sense. 

I'm thinking it will be Silva/Weidman II in either Jersey or Sao Paulo. 

ariel helwani was saying that dana mentioned maybe doing it in new jersey super bowl weekend. That would be massive.

i'm sad to see the super fights vanish due to silva going overboard with his taunting technique. jones vs silva wouldve been amazing to have seen. Wasnt too psyched about a potential gsp vs silva match.

Overall amazing fight. I've never seen anything like it and doubt we'll ever see anything like that again. 

Exactly. He always fights like a disrespectful asshole. Thats his game, and normally it works great. Like Dana said in the post fight presser, had he fought like that an won (as he usually does), people would be hailing him as a genius per usual. It didn't work out this time, and people are taking shit about it. 

The Vitor situation is interesting. I don't think he may have a hard time fighting anywhere in the US, as last I heard, Nevada won't license him for his TRT exemption due to his past abuse of testosterone. I think the same goes for everywhere else up here. And having Weidman fight Vitor in Brazil or Canada doesn't make sense. 

I'm thinking it will be Silva/Weidman II in either Jersey or Sao Paulo. 

The thing with Vitor was that he pissed hot once, and according to his doctor it was due to an injection the doctor gave him after his knee surgery. Whether or not it's believable, I'm willing to bet the NSAC would allow him to fight. Kaiser is a notorious idiot and he really only needs to look at dollar signs more than anything else. Even so, another AC would probably allow the exemption. If not he'd be license to fight anywhere including Nevada if he stopped the treatment. We'll see.

But yeah, I can see Anderson/Weidman 2 being in NJ. I just think champions need to fight the challengers and I'm tired of the divisions getting stuck.

• 11 months later...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/18/5820196/sources-viacom-moving-towards-to-replacing-bjorn-rebney-with-scott

Looks like Viacom got rid of Bjorn Rebney. Scott Coker might be taking over Bellator very soon. 

Hopefully he can get some good fighters there and send them in a new direction. Those events are really bad sometimes. Have you seen this article about the contracts they use? Basically, the worst thing you could do is win a tournament or become a champion.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/20/5715082/bellator-contract-mma-ali-act-business-fighters-managers-eddie-alvarez-askren-lombard