Anyone want to do Insanity with me?

Just finished the day 6 work out, so I am done week one! I've already noticed an improvement in my cardio as I was able to do stuff after today's work out, unlike Tuesday where I had to spend 5 minutes on the floor recovering afterwards. I weighed myself and I'm down to 149.7 so I've lost 6.4 lbs this week which is pretty crazy.

Cardio Recovery done and I'm more than a little afraid of what tomorrow has for me. That being said, I can't wait to be drenched in sweat, collapsed into the fetal position, and panting on my living room rug tomorrow morning.

Well done woeisthespider and Blanchard Oswald on completing one week of Insanity. Enjoy the day off tomorrow.

There we go, week one done. That workout was savage.

Just wait until the end of week 2! They make you do pure cardio and then cardio abs immediately after.  My quads were so heavy after the pure cardio that I felt like the cardio abs was a joke. I almost wished it was simple sit ups rather than this weird V-sit up position. 

Today marks the start of week 3 for me. Can't wait to see how I have progressed on the fit test.

Let's do this!!

Just finished my 2nd fit test. Pretty pleased with the results, but I could have done a little better on some parts.

WEEK 1:      WEEK 2:

Switch Kicks:                        56                71           

Power Jacks:                         38                52

Power Knees:                        65                 77

Power Jumps:                        20                 25

Globe Jumps:                         6                    8

Suicide Jumps:                       10                  12

Push-Up Jacks:                      13                  16

Plank Obliques:                      32                 42

Just did day 2 of week 3 and I feel like my body is giving up. Maybe it's the stress at work or the heat... Are you guys taking any energy or dietary supplements? 

Don't give up! You're almost done month one.  I'm not taking any supplements.  I havent felt the need yet.

Just did day 2 of week 3 and I feel like my body is giving up. Maybe it's the stress at work or the heat... Are you guys taking any energy or dietary supplements? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtraining

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/novice_overtraining.htm

Or read anything else on the subject. These are more the first things I grabbed off google, not articles I think nailed it.

Don't overtrain because a DVD tells you to. Supplements help but when you are feeling exhausted, you need to really lighten up and recover. The more you pile on, the longer recovery will take (which is where your body is actually getting stronger and what you are after).

The idea is simple. You stress your body, and it reacts by making itself stronger so it is better equipped for the environment it is in.

That stress might be a single day, or a series of workouts over multiple days (like insanity). For an elite athlete, it might be a period of several weeks. But if you overstress it and don't let it recover, it won't get stronger (ie, overtraining). From your post, you are clearly. there. 3 or 4 days off, see where you are. Eat well. Restart the week if you want or pick up where you left off. Drudging forward feeling dead all the time is the worst thing you can do, though.

Just finished week 2 day 2. Damn that was still rough, those 15 straight minutes are killer. It was a little easier than last week, and I imagine by the end that it wont feel so impossible. 

I felt good about today.  Yeah, I have to take some 10 second rests during some of the workouts but damn, I swear I did more than week one and I didn't feel sore at all today.  I'm so stoked with the progress so far.

Also Lebowski: great advice.  If I feel my body get to that point I'll heed it's warnings.  Right now I feel like I just want to keep going and I look forward to my workouts every day but I imagine theres a possibility this could hit me in a week or two.