the offical NON VC Label thread

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight

first two records I ever owned were when I was 5 years old.

Ghostbusters theme song 7"

Michael Jackson "Bad" single 7"

I played them on a Fisher Price plastic turntable.

I sometimes wish I still had that thing.

edit: the first vinyl record I ever purchased with my own money was Operation Ivy's Energy LP.

WTF? i had same said fisher price record player except i opted for the lps. i had thriller and the ghostbusters soundtrack. i loved that bobby brown song.

Civ - Can't Wait One Minute More

Bought it when it came out at Wonderland records in Newark, DE. I didn't even have a turntable. I just knew the singer from Gorilla Biscuits had a new band and that was their only release, so I bought it. Ended up digging up an old fisher price record player just to listen to it.

Guest genericinsight

WTF? i had same said fisher price record player except i opted for the lps. i had thriller and the ghostbusters soundtrack. i loved that bobby brown song.

wow, that's almost identical. Wacky stuff.

I actually bought the Ghostbusters theme single from the 50 cent bin at Ameoba in LA two years ago, for nostalgic purposes since it was one of the first records I owned. Unfortunately, I can't play it since it's scratched to hell :(

I stole a bunch of vinyl from my parents when I got a turntable, including Harvest by Neil Young which has since been water damaged :(

I bought a bunch of records for a dollar each from an op shop (thrift store?) one was country songs about truckers, there was a classical album done all on synthesizer and some album for a movie that had the cars, cheap trick, the ramones and jimi hendrix on it. Can't even remember what the movie was, i know I've never actually seen it though.

I actually bought the Ghostbusters theme single from the 50 cent bin at Ameoba in LA two years ago, for nostalgic purposes since it was one of the first records I owned. Unfortunately, I can't play it

since it's scratched to hell :(

my copy of thriller is somewhere at my parents house unless the threw it out. the fact that those are the first two records isnt so strage given the popularity but the fact that they were played using the same player and were the first two we remember having is such a strange coincidence.

Guest genericinsight

I actually bought the Ghostbusters theme single from the 50 cent bin at Ameoba in LA two years ago, for nostalgic purposes since it was one of the first records I owned. Unfortunately, I can't play it

since it's scratched to hell :(

my copy of thriller is somewhere at my parents house unless the threw it out. the fact that those are the first two records isnt so strage given the popularity but the fact that they were played using the same player and were the first two we remember having is such a strange coincidence.

yeah that's what I was getting at too... so weird!

I think mine was......I'M STILL PISSED ABOUT NOT GETTING A FUCKING SHARE. :'(

i literally laughed out loud to myself... i didn't get one either.

mine was alk3 - for your lungs only 7"... then my mom lost it moving from cleveland to ca. i'm sure. i left some stuff at home when i moved to college in vegas and that was one of my belongings...

My first record was Bob & Doug Mckenzie - The Great White North, on eBay. I didn't even have a record player, but I had just decided that Strange Brew was my favorite movie ever.

Seriously, there are 11 VC Collective threads.

A. that's why i put up this thread ;D

B. I have Strange Brew on DVD and i fully back that movie 1000%.