Electronic Cigarette Discussion

I'd def agree with controlthebleeding that the MVP setup seems, and from what I've read, is a great setup for someone starting out or who just wants a ton of battery and a pretty solid vape. I'd probably recommend the protank 2. Sounds like the aerotank has some gurgling, leaking problems and the adjustable airflow isn't implemented well. If you're interested you can rebuild coils for protank/PT2, aerotank and even the nautilus. 

I got a great deal on my stuff from ebay and with new Innokin and Kanger stuff they have scratcher stickers with authentication codes on most products so you can tell the product isn't a knock off. 

As far as coil heads go I've heard 2-3 weeks, I believe that's what Kanger recommends, but I've also got some that are 4+ months old still working well. I have a few that I switch between every few days. Just keep an eye on the wicks to be sure they're not burning 

I'm looking at them and they look good. I don't mind having to buy new coils or whatever if necessary. It still seems infinitely cheaper than my old smoking habit.

I did stumble upon the Apollo eGo-VV battery ($44.95) which I could pair with an Kanger Aerotank ($24.75) from Apollo's website. Seems like it might be a better option than what I had picked out. I can snag that plus a Kanger Aerotank Replacement Coil Head pack (5 coils) plus a few flavors for only ~$85 from Apollo using a 30% off coupon code I found for the entire order.

Does that sound a little better? Would you recommend the Protank 2 or 3 over the Aerotank? Seems to me people complained about the PT2 tank having leaking issues where the Aerotank seemed to fix that and be a little better overall...

Definitely let me know. You obviously know a considerable amount about this so I'll definitely trust your highly experienced opinion.

the difference with those, is well it's still an ego. the wattage or voltage is limiting. mvps can do both wattage and voltage. i prefer wattage, because if you have an atomizer that is 2.2 or 2.5 and you dial in your wattage, if you change atomizers and say you normally vape at 2.2 and you have a 2.5 atomizer it automatically adjusts due to the wattage mode. volatage has to be adjusted according to your likes and resistance of your atomizer. the mvp can do both, and you can go a day or two, maybe three without charging you mod. sure, it's a little bulky but works out better in the end. i use to use one when i was in lazy mode and didn't feel like dripping with a protank. and since it can push out enough power, you can eventually buy a protank 11, or a dripper, or a kayfun for it. egos are limiting due to size and power. if you're gonna move up, pay a little more and get a mvp. it's gonna be the best bang for your buck and will last you till you feel the need to get a 30w box mod like a hana or otther dna 30 mod, or a mechanical (which what i use strictly now). it also comes with iclear 30 tank to use in the interim. mvps also come with everything to charge you mod. all you need is juice.

when it comes to tanks, neutilus tanks are the best for the cash. they rival a kayfun but use replaceable coils, protanks 2s on the other hand can easily be used again if say the atty burns out, you can recoil them to your liking. i've made mine with 1 ohm coils for my mechs or 1.2 for my mvp. coiling for a protank is really easy too if you just sit down and teach yourself

i checked the store, and we have mvps and all you would need is a protank 2 (we got those to). and it comes with a 30ml bottle of juice. i'll throw in some juices as well (since i have like 2000mls of all high end stuff sitting around that i eventually won't get too. just let me know. 

heres my setups for today. 14179565675_96640cea5e_z.jpg

Based upon my quick discussion with controlthebleeding, I think I'm gonna go with his MVP suggestion paired with a Nautilus. Anyone have any suggestions as the best place to pick these up price wise?

So far I've found the Nautilus, 5pack of replacement coils, and a replacement glass piece for ~$51 from one online location and the MVP for ~$35 from another online store. Total of ~$85 w/shipping.

Sounds like a very solid choice rspkt, I'm sure you'll def enjoy it. Again, just me personally, but I'd check out ebay. The nautilus can be had for about $25 shipped, 5 pack of replacements about $10 and the MVP about $35 shipped. Not sure about the replacement glass but that puts you at $70 shipped with $15 left for some liquid. 

Treat yourself to some "premium" juice. 

Control, what is that red mod with what looks like a kayfun?

Last night I built my first coils and did my first and second protank mini rebuild, I think it went very well. First coil was a 1.5ohm 10 wrap 28-gauge kanthal on a 16 gauge needle (micro coil I guess) the second was a 12 wrap ending up with 1.9ohms. It was surprisingly easy and makes a big difference. These tanks are hitting really well. I'd def suggest trying it out if you haven't. I need to find something a little bigger to wrap some normal coils on now for my rda.

Also, I just got a virgin vapors sample pack (vanilla tobacco, blueberry maple, peppermint) and tried the blueberry last night. It's my first time using 100% VG and it seems a lot more runny than other liquids I've used but it was pretty tasty and seemed to wick well. More of an authentic blueberry taste with maple sweetness and a touch of alcohol. I'm going to let these steep a few days and see if that mellows out.

Sounds like a very solid choice rspkt, I'm sure you'll def enjoy it. Again, just me personally, but I'd check out ebay. The nautilus can be had for about $25 shipped, 5 pack of replacements about $10 and the MVP about $35 shipped. Not sure about the replacement glass but that puts you at $70 shipped with $15 left for some liquid. 

Treat yourself to some "premium" juice. 

Control, what is that red mod with what looks like a kayfun?

if youre buying a mvp for 35, it's probably most likely a clone. yes there are clone mvps on the market. that's why i always suggest a reputable dealer when buying mods. 

the red mod is a nemesis with a 18500 tube. the kayfun is real and just has brass accents. 

i'm really surprised no one asked about the huge double stacked 26650 mod..haha.

I guess I misspoke, it looks like they're $40-42 shipped and seems like they all come with authentication card/code (which could also be cloned I guess as well). 

That double stacked mod is ridiculous, it's like a police baton. Out of curiosity what kind of coil/wick are you using in the Kayfun (ohm, etc.)

I guess I misspoke, it looks like they're $40-42 shipped and seems like they all come with authentication card/code (which could also be cloned I guess as well). 

That double stacked mod is ridiculous, it's like a police baton. Out of curiosity what kind of coil/wick are you using in the Kayfun (ohm, etc.)

28g at .9  any higher and it feels like i'm vaping in air.

• 3 weeks later...

Def in, spread the word people.

In other news, I've spent way too much lately. Added a copper nemesis and aqua rba, lots of new liquid and awaiting a Hana dna30 clone (couldn't pass for the price). I can't get enough now. The progression has made all aspects exponentially better. Need to practice my smaller coil builds and drip a bit more.

Any suggestions on a dual coil setup for a Trident?

Def in, spread the word people.

In other news, I've spent way too much lately. Added a copper nemesis and aqua rba, lots of new liquid and awaiting a Hana dna30 clone (couldn't pass for the price). I can't get enough now. The progression has made all aspects exponentially better. Need to practice my smaller coil builds and drip a bit more.

Any suggestions on a dual coil setup for a Trident?

depends on what you vape at. i woiuldn't suggest one of my builds unless you vape at .09 to .12. usually if you're starting off dripping. i'd go for a .5 to .7 build. but are you looking for single or dual coil? 

Went to world vaper expo in Miami over the weekend , left with over 50 bottles of free juice , including the new kings crown line

Have been getting into rdas a lot more , pushing .35 out of my trident and chiyou clone combo , some clouds for sure

Gonna get a black hawk soon with a black omega , all clones

Also lowered my nic to 6

Anyone tried the new gwar fluids, bloodbath and jizmogoblin rule

Went to world vaper expo in Miami over the weekend , left with over 50 bottles of free juice , including the new kings crown line

Have been getting into rdas a lot more , pushing .35 out of my trident and chiyou clone combo , some clouds for sure

Gonna get a black hawk soon with a black omega , all clones

Also lowered my nic to 6

Anyone tried the new gwar fluids, bloodbath and jizmogoblin rule

what did you walk away with juice wise? and if you don't like, send me some i haven't tried.. I haven't tried the new Kings Crown. how is it? they had a party for the line friday. i got two kings crown shirts, but didn't even try the juice.. i'm a tard. not like i can't get it anyway. i did get a little package of assorted high vg competition juice she has had. i was psyched about that.  she has a mod coming out by the people who put the TEMPEST mods.. curious to see how well they are. 

dont get the black omega.. get a black patriot. or wait for the new omega 1.5 with post holes and slotted afc like the stillare. original omega pretty much outdated at this point. or a tobh clone by tobecco. shits pretty much comparable to my original except for being 1mm higher in height. 

eddie, did you get any of the telios juice? alpha is the shit.. so is dusk. and i hate banana. 

I'm also interested to see how the Kings Crown is. I'm def temped to buy some based off how damn good SB has been.

So far I've built single and dual in the trident and I have liked the warmth from the dual a bit more, but it could be the builds as well. My single was .9 and the dual was like .58. I do like the airiness with both large afc controls open, gives some massive clouds and throat hit. I think for the time being I'll stay above 0.4 just to be safe until I get more comfortable with everything. 

I think I'm going to pick up a Tobh v2 clone in copper to match my Nemesis. 

Also, any suggestions on an 18490/18500? I've got an efest 1100mah which I believe is like 10A, but do they make any this size that are 30A like the sony vtc4, etc?

Also mike , most of the juice I got was by local vendors, not high end stuff , but if anyone on here is a tobacco vaper , I got a ton I can send if you cover shipping , did manage a bottle of gambit free of charge

Per your advice I just picked up the black hawk with the black tobh clones , pretty stoked , gift to myself after landing a sweet job promotion

I think ima pick up a vtc 5 , so no one tried the gwar fluids? This bloodbath rules

not a fan of mbv stuff at all so i didn't even bother. 

anyone interested in any mechs/atomizers. i gotta brass astro for $115ppd. a brass quasar for $110ppd, and a brass monkey atomizer for $60ppd all authentic too. 

Mostly as long as it's copper, I wouldn't mind a wider bore but I probably won't be dripping through it. Not sure about plated, is one better than the other? And I'd like it just solid, not glass/delrin copper combo.

Any thoughts or experience with Modish Metal Works? I haven't seen any copper in stock, but I do like some of the SS/titanium I've seen

Companies in general I should be looking at?