Electronic Cigarette Discussion

I have a 100% serious question.

Many years ago, I was a meth addict and am still trying to fix my teeth 7 years later. I know these liquids are oils, such as is meth when heated. Has anyone experienced any such harm to their mouth/teeth? I'm not comparing or even putting the two against each other, but was just curious if anyone has experienced any dental issues as a cause of e-juice.

Whoa. Does that enhance the taste at all? Or just provide a massive throat hit?

What tank are those in?

Both! It depends on your build, you can get this from any RDA. It seems like the most common beginner RDA is the IGO-W, check this out:

Now this dude here did a pretty sloppy build, those coils should be much tighter. Building is fairly simple, and the lower the gauge of your kanthal and less wraps of it for the coil the lower the resistance will be (the hotter it'll burn). Low resistance (or Ohms) = huge clouds, but you'll burn through juice and batteries a lot quicker. I finally got my wife using an RBA (a more 'tank' like rebuildable with a juice reservoir, see the RSST or Kayfun) but I build her coils with a higher resistance (about 1.3 ohms, 7 wraps of 32 gauge twisted kanthal) and it fits her needs perfectly.

Take a look at this kit, for example: http://bevapehappy.com/shop/vapehappy-k100-mechanical-mod-package/

Now you could find everything in this kit for less separately or mix and match parts (a Magneto mod opposed to a K100, a Trident or IGO W instead of that Nimbus clone tank). You definitely want good batteries and a charger, the ones shown there are actually really good and what I use ;) I took this advice from controlthebleeding and he was 100% right.

I have a 100% serious question.

Many years ago, I was a meth addict and am still trying to fix my teeth 7 years later. I know these liquids are oils, such as is meth when heated. Has anyone experienced any such harm to their mouth/teeth? I'm not comparing or even putting the two against each other, but was just curious if anyone has experienced any dental issues as a cause of e-juice.

I haven't noticed or heard of anything like this happening from vaping. The liquids aren't necessarily oils or oily at that. Here's some more info regarding PG/VG. http://bigvapers.wordpress.com/2012/04/08/what-is-the-difference-between-vg-and-pg-e-liquid/

It's definitely not going to harm your teeth though, also congrats on kicking the habit! I've seen that drug ravage a lot of friends and people I grew up with and know how hard it was for them to quit, some of them couldn't/still can't. 

Some people swear on rda and gennies and stuff like that , but I've always been happy with protanks and such , I do like my kayfun clone but it leaks like a bitch , rebuildable stuff , at least for me always has issues , I am happy with the taste and vapor production from my protanks , maybe I'm missing something , but I just don't have the patience

that's the thing. with rebuildables, you have to have patience in finding what you like. there are variances for your vape.. you can have the perfect build but the airflow is wrong, it'll vape hotter than you expect. i build for .12 or .2 so most people will find my builds rather warm to say the least. actually having someone there to show u is all it takes. there's only so much you can learn online. i've learned from experience, knockoff atomizers 97% of the time suck balls. mods are one thing, but shitty atomizers should rarely ever be used. there's not enough r&d and china is known for using crappy metals and not taking the time to do it right the first time around. besides sub par materials in devices that heat up and exhale vapor into your lungs is nothing something i want to chance if rust is involved. 

casey, .15 can sometimes bring out notes in flavors that you otherwise wouldn't taste. that's not saying all liquids are like that. a lot o really crappy juices start tasting like ass under .4 where the heat basically changes the chemical balance and mutes said flavors. throat it is dependent on variables. air to coil distribution, nic levels, pg levels, etc etc. high pg mimics the effect nic has on your throat hit. i personally vape higher vg liquids in most cases. and good quality juices have a vg/pg/nic/flavoring variances that works well in all different atomizers. whether it be low or high ohm. 

other things to take into consideration guys.. if you don't know the purity level of your juices, you probably shouldn't vape it below 1ohm. the chemical balance of food grade propylene glycol is not really meant for inhalation. it breaks down/degrades into acrolein at certain temps. and your lungs don't have the same protections as your stomach does. and usp grade pg/vg doesn't necessarily mean anything because certain food grade pg/vg is usp. it's always safe to check with your vendors, if you ask, and they can't answer properly the first time, they're most likely unaware of it. pharma grade usp pg should always be 99.6% or higher for inhalation. vg should basically be synthetic for high purity levels. stay safe guys

I'm still new to all of this. I just went from the Protank 2 to the Protank 3 and the flavors taste a little better with the dual coil. 

After having the Protank 3 for a day, I ordered an Aerotank. I'm excited to try it.

I also just got a new batch of juice in. I tried a 25/75 juice this time with some extra flavor added, and the vaping experience is WAY more enjoyable.

Also, Waffle from thevaporroom.net is my new favorite flavor. My head just exploded.

Why do people smoke cigarettes anymore with these easily available?

Smoke stuff that doesn't taste good VS Vape anything you can imagine???

• 2 weeks later...

saw that.. let's see where it goes. i know right now people are buying nic by the gallon like people were buying ammo last year. i have enough stuff to keep me good for about a year, but these regulations won't go into effect until after the revisions and 2 years after that. so you're looking at 3-  4 years.. which is plenty of time for those in the know to stock up on mods. because truthfully, minus the nicotine, nothing else can be controlled by the fda. 

in other news i think i'm getting a congestus tomorrow and im gonna doublestack that fucker to 7.5v. i already have a 120w box mod, but i want a 7.6v mech.

there's gonna be a big meet tomorrow which is gonna be huge. lots of heavy hitters (pip the bunny/lonnie from standard/blueprint, eric from teleos, jay from five pawns, eric from alpha, among others.. hopefully i can finagle a 120ml bottle of nightfall from eric.. hopefully. 

pics to come in the future.

My friend went to vape bash in Rosemont two weeks ago and said it was amazing. He spent 180$ on mods two batteries and a shit ton of juice. I'm perfectly fine with my set up and I really enjoy vaping. I've made the transition from 12mg down to 6mg and it was relatively easy. Can't wait for that next transition to 3mg and then kicking the nic habit for good.

so that vape extravaganza aka DRIPPING MISPFITZ JUICE JAM and MEAT (yes, they mispelled wrong on purpose) was excellent. wound up getting the congestus. but the meet was nothins short of phenomenal. i walked away with about 22 bottles of high end juice, and have 3 distros sending me more samples after talking to them. Lonnie from standard planted one on me out of nowhere (asshole), then hit me in the nuts.. but repaid it by buying a bunch of us all tattoos. I think everyone at that meet walked away with no less than 5 or 6 bottles of juice. this is what my friend walked away with for 2nd place in the cloud competition. 

10308088_10152136562750617_5192984079807

i walked away with juice from alloy blends, shades of x, alpha, vaping monkey, wacky vapes, nicks blissful brews, teleos, vapor tech, beantown vapors, ruckus elixers, and ruthless e liquid. i got a cap, and a dripping mispfitz shirt and large bore drip tip. i'm set on juice for a bit. haha.

After about 8 months with an eGo I decided to upgrade. Last night I purchased an innokin SVD with batteries and iClear 30. I'm sure I'll upgrade the tank but I'm stoked to use this guy. Also picked up some juice from virgin vapes, just a sampler, and 2 "real" juices. Dead man's party (the standard) and Mothers milk (suicide bunny), really excited to try these. Any suggestion on what voltage/wattage to use? 

i know where you can buy a 50w box mod for 135.00 plus s/h.

https://cravingvapor.com/product/hexohm-box-mod-okr-t10/

things are 50w beasts. i have a 120w one and the thing runs like a champ. i suggest most get this if at all possible. you can run as low as 3.4w or as high as 6 (but i rarely do). 

So I've had my SVD for about a week and holy shit, it's incredible. I waited way too long to upgrade and now I've got the bug. Got an RDA coming in and coil building supplies. These real juices are exponentially better than what I was using before. I love the mother's milk. The dead man's party is tasty but a little strong so I'm letting it sit for a bit to see if that helps. I was using 18mg before, the new ones are 12 which I'm thinking is a little high. Next few will prob be 6mg.

So with the RDA about how many puffs/drags do you get before having to drip more onto the wicks? Should I be using a very low to 0 nic with it?

Any awesome juice recommendations? I was looking at Space Jam and Alice in Vapeland

it really depends on your coil build. i build at .15 so i tend to go through juice like mad. if you're vaping around. .7 usually it takes a while (maybe 7-9 pulls) before you have to drip. it depends on how you wick as well. i you get an rda, just remember that a svd won't read below a certain resistance. so build maybe 1ohm is pretty safe for that mod.

Haven't smoked a cigarette in 21 days.

Got a few Kangor Pro Tank 2's & a few eGo-V3's. 

Using fluids from Virgin Vapor (Aboluste Virign Line).  Started on VH nicotine and now down to medium.  Planning on going to low strength this summer. 

Very pleased thus far and I feel amazing.

it really depends on your coil build. i build at .15 so i tend to go through juice like mad. if you're vaping around. .7 usually it takes a while (maybe 7-9 pulls) before you have to drip. it depends on how you wick as well. i you get an rda, just remember that a svd won't read below a certain resistance. so build maybe 1ohm is pretty safe for that mod.

From what I've read it sounds like the SVD will function down to about 1.1 to 1ohm. I'm going to shoot for 1.2-1.6 for my coils, see how they work and go from there. Will 12mg nic liquid be a lot stronger from the RDA than a carto/clearo?

EZC_TobaccoWHT_rechargeables.jpg

It's now been 1 week since I've had a cigarette using the rechargable EZ Cig w/disposable cartridges. Started with this 'cuz I wasn't sure I'd like vaping and am attempting to use it to quit smoking. Pretty happy with it but considering stepping up to something a little more advanced. Pretty happy with the level of nicotine it delivers but probably could scale back a little.

Been looking at the Apollo Superior eGo CE4 Kit as maybe a good next step. I really don't want to spend more than 100 to be honest so I figured I'd ask here for some suggestions. I can easily see my luck with this continuing so maybe it would be worth picking up something even better. Interested to hear your guy's thoughts...

From what I've read it sounds like the SVD will function down to about 1.1 to 1ohm. I'm going to shoot for 1.2-1.6 for my coils, see how they work and go from there. Will 12mg nic liquid be a lot stronger from the RDA than a carto/clearo?

yes. it's definitely gonna be a substantial difference in a rda. if 12nic is what you normally vape at in a carto, try dropping to 6. 

EZC_TobaccoWHT_rechargeables.jpg

It's now been 1 week since I've had a cigarette using the rechargable EZ Cig w/disposable cartridges. Started with this 'cuz I wasn't sure I'd like vaping and am attempting to use it to quit smoking. Pretty happy with it but considering stepping up to something a little more advanced. Pretty happy with the level of nicotine it delivers but probably could scale back a little.

Been looking at the Apollo Superior eGo CE4 Kit as maybe a good next step. I really don't want to spend more than 100 to be honest so I figured I'd ask here for some suggestions. I can easily see my luck with this continuing so maybe it would be worth picking up something even better. Interested to hear your guy's thoughts...

100 bucks can buy you a decent setup.. personally i'd go with a innokin mvp and a nautilus. the mvp comes with a clearo setup, but it's junk. the nautilus is like a kayfun with afc, but less than half the price. though coils are a wee bit expensive.  or buy a protank 2. single coil. duals aren't really all that great. also in a protank you can learn to build your own coils to maximize the use of them. if you want to save a bit, you can also get a itaste . but a mvp should average around $60. i can see how much they are at work tomorrow. I got a job at a shop, and they have a ton of mvps if you're interested. the thing is a workhorse. it'll charge your phone and last forever. let me know. if not, look online for innokin mvp authentic. 

100 bucks can buy you a decent setup.. personally i'd go with a innokin mvp and a nautilus. the mvp comes with a clearo setup, but it's junk. the nautilus is like a kayfun with afc, but less than half the price. though coils are a wee bit expensive.  or buy a protank 2. single coil. duals aren't really all that great. also in a protank you can learn to build your own coils to maximize the use of them. if you want to save a bit, you can also get a itaste . but a mvp should average around $60. i can see how much they are at work tomorrow. I got a job at a shop, and they have a ton of mvps if you're interested. the thing is a workhorse. it'll charge your phone and last forever. let me know. if not, look online for innokin mvp authentic. 

I'm looking at them and they look good. I don't mind having to buy new coils or whatever if necessary. It still seems infinitely cheaper than my old smoking habit.

I did stumble upon the Apollo eGo-VV battery ($44.95) which I could pair with an Kanger Aerotank ($24.75) from Apollo's website. Seems like it might be a better option than what I had picked out. I can snag that plus a Kanger Aerotank Replacement Coil Head pack (5 coils) plus a few flavors for only ~$85 from Apollo using a 30% off coupon code I found for the entire order.

Does that sound a little better? Would you recommend the Protank 2 or 3 over the Aerotank? Seems to me people complained about the PT2 tank having leaking issues where the Aerotank seemed to fix that and be a little better overall...

Definitely let me know. You obviously know a considerable amount about this so I'll definitely trust your highly experienced opinion.