Can we talk about Mogwai?

Agreed with your guys' sentiments.  CODY and Young Team are probably my two favorite Mogwai albums - I struggle to decide which I favor more, all the time - and I caved on a YT boxset a few months back.  I think I paid something like $60, and justified it by convincing myself that all the additional material would be bad-ass.  And looking back on it, I have zero regrets.  If the CODY box is of equal or better quality, I'll be thrilled to drop a chunk of change on it.  The idea of having box versions of my two favorite Mogwai albums has me pretty giddy, I think.

^ My thoughts exactly.  CODY and YT are my two favorites and the YT box set is pretty much perfect.  Also, you have to figure that a 4xLP CODY box set will probably cost about as much as a used copy of the OP goes for on eBay.  Fantastic news!

Precisely.  I could maybe see myself caving and dropping $60 on an OG copy (if I was guaranteed a repress wouldn't be happening), but it'd have to be in damn fine condition.  And unfortunately, all of the copies I've seen for sale have some significant wear on the jacket, vinyl, or occasionally both.  I'd find it really tough to pay premium prices for a product that's been handled poorly.  The wait will be worth it, regardless of how dreadfully long it may feel.

Anyone know what a Young Team boxset retailed for, stateside? 

I still need that YT box. I have an original but I love the bonus stuff and it's one of my favorite albums. I was lucky enough to get a never played copy of CODY a few months back for $60 on discogs. Not to brag but I am still stoked that I got it. Probably my prized possession.

That's a hell of a find.  I've had both the US and UK versions in my watch-list for months now, but probably ignored that listing when one or two particular sellers kept listing CODY two or three times a day.  Or maybe I was just broke.  Either way, that's a sweet deal.  I hope they don't tamper with the album's cover, inside the boxset.  It's easily my least favorite Mogwai art, but I still wouldn't change it for the world.

If I recall, I paid a little over $80 for a new copy of the Young Team box at a local shop.  It was definitely something I eyeballed every time I walked in there until I picked it up.  I need to revisit the supplement LPs, but I remember the live versions of Like Herod and Mogwai Fear Satan being killer.

In regard to them messing with the CODY artwork, I'd be fine if the did it similarly to the YT set.  Where the box cover is different, but the first printed sleeve has the original artwork.

I still need that YT box. I have an original but I love the bonus stuff and it's one of my favorite albums.

It would be worth picking up day for the different master as well.

I love how different it is than their newer stuff. Once Barry joined the band and they added keyboards, their sound changed a bit. I love going back to the stuff before that. Kicking A Dead Pig is so so. I am not a fan of remixes for the most part. You'd love Zidane since you like CODY.

Yeah, I just never really bothered with a lot of the older [or obscure] material, outside of albums.  Still haven't checked out Kicking A Dead Pig or the Zidane OST.  But Ten Rapid and EP+6 are dope.

Ten Rapid and EP+6 are both really good.  I haven't managed to dig through their entire catalogue, but there are some gems hidden in the EPs and singles.  Kicking a Dead Pig doesn't do much for me, but I don't really feel like Young Team warranted a remix album either.  On the plus side, it's a 3xLP which can be snagged for relatively cheap.  I think that A Wrenched Virile Lore was a better remix album, mainly due to the material that it had to work with.

Very nice. My copy just arrived this afternoon, ironically. Feels great, man. Officially just waiting on dat CODY, now. I am overly determined to own a complete Mogwai collection.

Regarding the remix albums: I generally don't even bother with them. Would you guys recommend Wrenched? I quite enjoy HWNDBYW, for what that's worth.