Sunn O))) - Black One (Repress)

Live White was originally releases by Scott Slimm's now defunct Archive label out of NYC. He also did the Earth Live Hex and Boris 3CD Archive release amongst other great releases. The remaining copies of the 2nd edition of Live White were put in the White Boxes sold on tour in Europe and Australia.

A non-CD-r repress of Live White is also included in the Daymare version of White2. As far as CDs go, those Daymare releases are the definitive versions of all the Sunn releases as far as I am concerned.

Cheers, guys! Thanks for the advices! Really starting to love this thread (This one and the Mogwai Thread)!

Have you tried the 'Oracle' ep? Two tracks with Attila Csihar doing vocals (and an additional third track on the limited double cd version). It's quite good.

Yeah i have the clear repress! Really like the first track...i mean it has a jackhammer solo in it!! But I don't like the artwork. I know that it was part of an art exhbition but it has to much influence on my "listening experience". haha this sounds so stupid...

Btw. Have you guys heard of Ensemble Pearl?

It's a sideproject with Atsuo, Kurihara, Herzog and O'Malley. Really, really cool stuff!

And those reissues came out in a time when Sunn's limited releases were much sought after. They did an excellent job.

Btw. Have you guys heard of Ensemble Pearl?

It's a sideproject with Atsuo, Kurihara, Herzog and O'Malley. Really, really cool stuff!

Hmmm... I haven't fell in love with it. Most of the reviews praised this release but I didn't think it surpassed the regular ambient/psychodelic music you'll listen to eventually.

I'm a big fan of O'Malley's KTL V, that album is the sweet spot in KTL's discography. I'va also heard a track from his collaboration with Mika Vainio and it sounded pretty good. But there's this thing: we tend to search for traces of Sunn O))) in O'Malley and Greg's side projects but it never pays. The way the duo sound together is pretty superior.

• 2 weeks later...

was just reading that there will be a coloured vinyl repress of 1000 copies for Black Friday this year.

Where have you read this ? and if it's RSD release, this means that it will still be crap to find it here in Europe !

Also, i've read that Southern Lord will release a Sunn O)))/Ulver collab album next year !

• 4 weeks later...