Apple event 9/10/2013 10am PST

dominic252

Apple is hosting their annual iPhone event today, starting at 9am California time. Anyone who's interested, there will be plenty of live streams going up on PCMag, Engadget, and some others, along with a spoiler-free thread for people who want to wait for Apple to post their own keynote video.

Links: 

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/10/apple-iphone-liveblog-2013/

@PCMagLive will be live tweeting

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/09/apple-september-2013-media-event-spoiler-free-video-stream/

Also, yeah the general consensus is a new 5S with fingerprint scanner, a 5C which will be a colored plastic iPhone 5 essentially. Still hoping they have something up their sleeves to show off today, though

Me too, but it's not looking promising.  This is the deciding factor for me to see if I'm going to jump the Apple ship when it comes to phones. My 4S is so buggy.

I thought I was the only one! Mine started acting weird no more than a week or two ago but now it's super laggy and sluggish. Unless today's announcement blows me away, I'll be making the switch to android though.

I said the same thing over the summer before iOS 7 came out and it fixed a lot of the issues i didn't like with iOS, mainly the on-screen settings you could change and iOS was starting to look dated to me. So, I'll be sticking with iOS

I thought I was the only one! Mine started acting weird no more than a week or two ago but now it's super laggy and sluggish. Unless today's announcement blows me away, I'll be making the switch to android though.

I think I've been having trouble for longer than a couple weeks, but yeah mine is also laggy and sluggish. =\ It's a shame because I'm so used to the iPhone and I've always defended it in recent months when people ditch it for Android.  But I think I may be doing the same.  Steve Jobs wouldn't allow his product to sink so deeply behind the technology that Samsung is pushing out these days... I don't think any successor of his will be able to keep up unfortunately. =\

I hope I am wrong.

LOL @ the fingerprint scanner. Like I need another way to let hackers steal my identity. Apple is out of real ideas. Now it's just going to be more colors, more memory, an attempt at a TV and gimmicks. It's turned into the Facebook of physical electronics. It's for old people now.

I've always maintained a separate Ipod but I have uploaded my stuff to google play and I use spotify and it's been good. Its totally a culture shock going from Iphone to Android but I've realized that Android is really what you make of it, wanna make it look like an Iphone? It can do that. So it's actually been a good experience and I plan on making it better by rooting the phone and putting a vanilla android OS on it to make it better. 

I said the same thing over the summer before iOS 7 came out and it fixed a lot of the issues i didn't like with iOS, mainly the on-screen settings you could change and iOS was starting to look dated to me. So, I'll be sticking with iOS

I think I've been having trouble for longer than a couple weeks, but yeah mine is also laggy and sluggish. =\ It's a shame because I'm so used to the iPhone and I've always defended it in recent months when people ditch it for Android.  But I think I may be doing the same.  Steve Jobs wouldn't allow his product to sink so deeply behind the technology that Samsung is pushing out these days... I don't think any successor of his will be able to keep up unfortunately. =\

I hope I am wrong.

I think futurekills pretty much nailed it. Apple hasn't done anything super innovative in years. Right now it's all they can do to stay one step behind Samsung and more so Android. 

i just wanted the iwatch. sounds like we're still a year away. would be awesome if they pulled it out of nowhere though. especially with the samsung smartwatch that just came out.

I don't expect to see the smartwatch today but that's Apple's only chance at regaining some attention so I'd expect they push up the release. Apple don't like to be a year late on new technology.

LOL @ the fingerprint scanner. Like I need another way to let hackers steal my identity. Apple is out of real ideas. Now it's just going to be more colors, more memory, an attempt at a TV and gimmicks. It's turned into the Facebook of physical electronics. It's for old people now.

I love apple but that's been the thing, besides OS and IOS being very clean and sharp interfaces, innovation WAS the name of the game, you have to have futurists at the helm of companies like this if they are to be anything of value. Running it like a business mean ultimately we lose out.   

not sure how hackers are going to use your fingerprints to steal your identity. do you work in a secret underground lab needing a fingerprint scan...and you happen to lose your phone, theyll access your office and rearrange your desk?

apple set the standards with the first iphone...and just like EVERY company trying to get an edge, you come up with ideas that stick, and some that dont. it happens.

nothing new at this presser. thinner? probaby. faster? you betcha. new OS? ya, fer sure.

WGAF.