PO: Whores. "Clean" (12" EP)

red dirt

Received mine in the mail today. Listened to the first side of Clean and it has a weird mastering. The left channel has the mids blasted and the right channel has scooped, vacuous bass on the kick drum. Its not a bad thing but sounds different from a lot of typical masters. Odd but cool. Doesn't sound quite like the digital version.

I see. Well, maybe in about a month something from them will kick back in your head and you'll be like "Oh, shit. I think I dig that now..." and you'll go and buy it and be merry. That happens to me but only once the LP has long since sold out and increased in value by about 30% on the second hand market.

McPherson, which version did you get? I have the gray marble and noticed the same thing. Side A almost sounds faster, to the point I wondered if my TT settings were off. Side B sounded closer in tempo to the digital. Nothing else I play at 45 seems off. It's odd. Doesn't sound bad per se, just different.

I have the standard black. Now that you mention it, I do recall thinking that Side A sounded a bit faster than normal as well.

thinking it's fucking horrible is a reason to say it's fucking horrible, no?

I think the idea is that if you didn't like it you could have just said nothing and didn't need to come into a thread for a band that you proved to yourself was not to your liking and shit on their music.

Don't get me wrong. I don't care one way or the other but I understand where he's coming from. That said, I wouldn't have down voted you. I used to go to threads for bands/artists that I hated or thought were major label puppets and shit on them here but I realized that it adds nothing positive to my or anyone else's experience so I stopped.

I think the idea is that if you didn't like it you could have just said nothing and didn't need to come into a thread for a band that you proved to yourself was not to your liking and shit on their music.

Don't get me wrong. I don't care one way or the other but I understand where he's coming from. That said, I wouldn't have down voted you. I used to go to threads for bands/artists that I hated or thought were major label puppets and shit on them here but I realized that it adds nothing positive to my or anyone else's experience so I stopped.

To be completely honest, I was up late and had a few. I wandered into this thread and listened to them. I mean doesn't a group of people who call their band "WHORES" demand some attention? So I gave my gut reaction. Honestly, the band is kinda asking for it, and I'm sure they don't mind the criticism.

But honestly, for people who listen to a band called "WHORES", I'd expect some thicker skin. (not you mcpherson, your comment was the right kind of reply).

Anyway, it is what it is!

I can respect the taste and all, I just didn't dig it. at all. But at least I'm someone that gives new shit a try. I'm always trying to expand my taste.

Yeah, your post did appear to be typed by someone who had been drinking. I see what you mean about how the band's attitude (as may be exemplified by their namesake) possibly could dictate that it attracts an audience of greater callousness but with the internet and all and how any Joe Schmo can gain access to any type of music from any type of scene, its harder now to assess or presciently ascertain the personality type of any given band's fanbase as it may relate to said band's attitude.

That said, I'm the type of person that some people might find offensive in my expression of thought and action but I'm also the type of person who likes to keep conflicts, where not totally necessary, at a minimum. Like if there's legal injustice going on, I'll start some shit but and feel some sense of righteousness for it and apathy toward those I might offend by it but if there's a really insensitive joke to be made about certain topics, I may be the one making it not realizing that I may be offending someone and usually, I'm remorseful for the offense if or when I find out I have offended someone. I am a Whores. fan.

Take all that for what its worth.

Guest Justin Maheiny

That said, I'm the type of person that some people might find offensive in my expression of thought and action but I'm also the type of person who likes to keep conflicts, where not totally necessary, at a minimum. Like if there's legal injustice going on, I'll start some shit but and feel some sense of righteousness for it and apathy toward those I might offend by it but if there's a really insensitive joke to be made about certain topics, I may be the one making it not realizing that I may be offending someone and usually, I'm remorseful for the offense if or when I find out I have offended someone. I am a Whores. fan.

Are you on the spectrum? 

WHAT THE FUCK?