Places To Eat In California

Guest falloutcollapse
V I know you live in a small town and all but it can't be that small

We have 6 independently-owned restaurants in my zip code.

there's a really amazing vegan place in San Diego called kung food...everything was delicious, i went there the weekend of the last RFTC shows... and if I can remember what the name was...a really good taco place, that Swing Kids used to play in/at back in the day...i only know that because they have pictures up in the store...

I'll second this one big time: Philipe's. Its where the french dip started. Its also right next to Olvera (spelling?) Street, another must if you're in the area. Also try the Pantry, another LA institution in downtown. Speaking of Dodger stadium you should time it so you're in LA for a Dodger game.

I'll second the Pantry as well.

i officially love both of you. THE PANTRY. cole slaw sandwiches are one of my favorite things and this place always makes me giddy. when i lived in riverside i used to make trips out to la just to go to the pantry. any place thats opened 24 hours is a-ok with me.

in n out is the obvious joint to check out. love me some del taco but you need to stop at some random taco/burrito joint and fall in love. my favorite is a place called los primos in costa mesa. pinks and roscoes are also good choices.

in san diego i think my new favorite burger place is hodads. pokez mexican food was also da bomb.

mike - where are you staying in anaheim i work at a hotel across from disneyland. i dont really have any real hook ups but you should stop in.

I'll second the Pantry as well.

i officially love both of you. THE PANTRY. cole slaw sandwiches are one of my favorite things and this place always makes me giddy. when i lived in riverside i used to make trips out to la just to go to the pantry. any place thats opened 24 hours is a-ok with me.

in n out is the obvious joint to check out. love me some del taco but you need to stop at some random taco/burrito joint and fall in love. my favorite is a place called los primos in costa mesa. pinks and roscoes are also good choices.

in san diego i think my new favorite burger place is hodads. pokez mexican food was also da bomb.

mike - where are you staying in anaheim i work at a hotel across from disneyland. i dont really have any real hook ups but you should stop in.

I can't believe I didn't even see the Pantry, That place fucking owns!!!

If you are in the Pinole Area of East Bay (North of Berkeley) check out the Red Onion, some really amazing burgers are to be consumed there.

Also Zachary's in Berkeley (or Little Star in San Francisco) have the most amazing Chicago style pizzas outside Chicago I have ever tasted.

If you're a fan of the chili dog, you owe it to yourself to get to Pinks its also right near Dodger Stadium.

don't go to pink's if you're starving, the line can be massive depending on the time you go. your best bet if you want to try would be to go just before lunchtime if you're going on a weekend, otherwise you can wait for 45 min - 1hr +. and make sure to get at least 2 things or you might still be hungry.

and if you go to pink's you could go to pinkberry around the corner for some frozen yogurt

canter's deli is open 24 hours and they have pretty good pastrami

palm's thai is open late and a few blocks away from amoeba. they have a big elvis statue.

there's also a roscoe's close to amoeba but i've never been to that one

close to anaheim is portillo's which is pretty good too

san diego, cotixan's for mexican food and world curry in pacific beach