Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Not enjoying it, Santa?

This 2lp stoner classic for only 10$ on Southern Lord. Highly considering...anyone have the Tee Pee version? I'm more inclined towards the original cover for some reason.

220px-Artofselfdefense2.jpg

That's a good deal on that. I never really got into High On Fire, though.

i took the plunge and bought that high on fire record.  it has a demo and first 7" that I do not have. and for 10 bucks I cannot pass up.  other copies have been selling for 30+ on discogs.  and that album rules.

nacho man have you listened to blessed black wings?  was the album that really pushed me over with High On Fire. not that i disliked the first two records but that BBW just rips.

i took the plunge and bought that high on fire record. it has a demo and first 7" that I do not have. and for 10 bucks I cannot pass up. other copies have been selling for 30+ on discogs. and that album rules.

nacho man have you listened to blessed black wings? was the album that really pushed me over with High On Fire. not that i disliked the first two records but that BBW just rips.

I'll give them another try. I think I have most of their stuff digitally. Never really clicked for me though :/

I'm looking forward to and dreading tomorrow's inevitable Sleep clusterfuck. Hopefully all of our Sleep dreams will come true.

I really hope that it's not as bad as we envision it's going to be

anyone have the Tee Pee version? I'm more inclined towards the original cover for some reason.

220px-Artofselfdefense2.jpg

I have both.  I like the cover to the original better as well.  Sound wise, I really can't tell a massive difference.  Im half deaf though, so that's probably not saying much

On Earache's FB they say, "Watch this space for the special link to the 100 colour." Then there is a link to all of the Sleep stuff. I wonder if they will actually put up a "special" link later on FB to the green. Now I gotta look at my phone on FB and try to refresh the label page on my desktop, all the while hoping my principal doesn't walk in the classroom. I'm frickin' grumpy. :angry:

At least it's Friday!