Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Also paid for Kickstarter on bth records. Asked on Instagram if Kickstarter copies were black as well, and was told yep...maybe. Kinda like I did a year long preorder with a few dollars off, but at least I helped make this thing possible.

Same here.

New Dopesmoker coming up. Very stoked on this. Been meaning to pick up the hasheeshian version but I belive this will look much better, going only off the label.

10686877_394921224010853_835131247887951

damien rice, pfffft what a loser!!

jk. i wish theyd press O love to have a copy of that. I only have 2 copies of blowers daughter. poop

Right? I snagged the new one for $8 thanks to that amazon thread.

Forgot that I also have Sigur Ros stuff too...FUCKKKKK.

My wife is going to murder meeeeeee

Back to our regularly scheduled stoner/doom talk:

Elder- Lore is up for presale for Euro folks at Stickman Records. It will be released in the U.S. by Armageddon. Supposedly no presale, but available on the 27th of Feb. For some reason I can't paste or link anything. Very excited for this.

Back to our regularly scheduled stoner/doom talk:

Elder- Lore is up for presale for Euro folks at Stickman Records. It will be released in the U.S. by Armageddon. Supposedly no presale, but available on the 27th of Feb. For some reason I can't paste or link anything. Very excited for this.

NOIIIICE!

Profound Lore has the new Sumac up for order, but its only the cd. I think Sige Records will have the vinyl up for order sometime next week.

https://www.profoundlorerecords.com/products-page/

Supposedly there is only going to be 7 of this color available. I think this color is beautiful. The other colors aren't known yet.

IMG_2390_zps826268fe.png

Yeah, limited to 7 variant is lame. I'm starting to get to the saturation point with this ultra limited shit. There was a time when it was fun and rewarding to get that insanely limited record after refreshing my computer for an hour. Now it's more annoying than anything else. I guess the obvious solution is to just buy the least rare copy.

I think, as some of us might admit, it's not JUST about the music. There is that collector thrill about having something that other people cannot get. I wish I didn't have this sickness, but it's been so long it has completely invaded every cell in my body.

Yeah, limited to 7 variant is lame. I'm starting to get to the saturation point with this ultra limited shit. There was a time when it was fun and rewarding to get that insanely limited record after refreshing my computer for an hour. Now it's more annoying than anything else. I guess the obvious solution is to just buy the least rare copy.

I think, as some of us might admit, it's not JUST about the music. There is that collector thrill about having something that other people cannot get. I wish I didn't have this sickness, but it's been so long it has completely invaded every cell in my body.

This

Yuuuuuuup.

I like to tell myself if there was an unlimited black version for $15, vs. limited for $25 I'd always just go for black...but probably not. I sicken myself.

I do wish it was at least an option with all these limited bullshit releases, though, because there are definitely times I would do it.

Goddammit, this. Personally, I also like first presses because in my head I pretend that I was into the album on the ground floor. Even if that isn't physically possible because I want born yet.

Sigh, the hobby.

Sigh, the hobby.

Sigh, the hobby.

Sigh, the hobby.

Sigh, the hobby.

Sigh, the hobby.

Oh, also. This is so poignant I laughed

I wish I didn't have this sickness, but it's been so long it has completely invaded every cell in my body.

For me, it's all about having that interesting looking version that is 'somewhere out there' in the world. The whole vinyl package design has become so elaborate nowadays so it's really more like a piece of art to me. All the shiny colours represent the fully realized intentions of the bands/artists/labels involved. What that brings me to is that I know that when I spin a record that's been pressed on many variants, I'm fully aware of it being a 'mere black' one or whatever, and am not satisfied with only seeing part of the artist(s)' intentions realized.

THE. HELL.

I love finding out that there are others that have it as bad as myself.

Perfect timing for this self-deprecating discussion - Bong are holding a February sale and I just bought four of their coloured LPs, totalling at 8 slabs of wax.

It was by no means difficult but I mainly managed to do it by telling myself that I would've paid double had all the albums been been full price. Paid about 11$ per piece of vinyl, shipped.

No regrets. Funnily enough I find myself now veering towards suicidal. Someone shoot me on the spot.