You know when you write a paper, and you know it's shit but you just say fuck it...

I went to art school, so the only writing that the University required was any 1 paper of any length per class per semester.  It was basically up to the instructor to decide what that 1 paper per semester was, so a lot of the time it ended up being a 1/2 page gallery critique with a photo of said critique piece taking up the other 1/2 of the page.

I went to art school, so the only writing that the University required was any 1 paper of any length per class per semester.  It was basically up to the instructor to decide what that 1 paper per semester was, so a lot of the time it ended up being a 1/2 page gallery critique with a photo of said critique piece taking up the other 1/2 of the page.

Sounds like fun paper vs. the ones I am writing for my master's in history

Sounds like fun paper vs. the ones I am writing for my master's in history

Oof yeah, I don't have the attention span for papers like that. =\ Best of luck with that paper & with working towards your masters! I wish I could afford to go back to school for a masters degree.

I think the longest paper I had to write was on robots for my Technology, Culture, & Society class, lol.

Every singl e

Oof yeah, I don't have the attention span for papers like that. =\ Best of luck with that paper & with working towards your masters! I wish I could afford to go back to school for a masters degree.

I think the longest paper I had to write was on robots for my Technology, Culture, & Society class, lol.

Thankfully the military pays my tuition or I would not be able to afford to work on this degree either.

Every single class for this degree requires a 25 page paper.  I'm about to get started on one this week for the class I am currently in.

I have a dual degree in Economics and History plus a certification and master's in education, so I've written more than my fair share of papers, and to be honest, I like writing papers so fuck y'all.

I get very frustrated when I assign a 2 page paper in my classes and the kids bitch, though, because in high school I regularly wrote 5 pages and obviously longer in college. I could fart out two pages and these kids turn in a page and 5 lines and think it's good enough.

I have a dual degree in Economics and History plus a certification and master's in education, so I've written more than my fair share of papers, and to be honest, I like writing papers so fuck y'all.

I get very frustrated when I assign a 2 page paper in my classes and the kids bitch, though, because in high school I regularly wrote 5 pages and obviously longer in college. I could fart out two pages and these kids turn in a page and 5 lines and think it's good enough.

2 page paper in high school? That sucks. I never wrote papers in high school.

• 5 months later...

So just found this thread and its my sentiments exactly.

I wrote this 15 page paper for a first draft and didn't proofread it. so my prof makes the comments constantly through it about style but only talks about content like three times. That's pretty nice for not really trying.

Now to work on this quick 10  page paper about Ann Richards.

I've been in lots of university courses that were based almost entirely on ones ability to write an essay.  English, history, poly sci, and anthropology.  The lowest I had ever received on a paper was a B.  This semester, my prof gives me a C+ on my first paper, and a C on the next one.  I had to peer review the kids paper who sat next to me.  His paper was complete shit, it had no thesis or even general argument, all he did was basically retell Othello.  He got a C+ as well.  I'm convinced my prof hated me because on one of the first days of classes, she randomly asked me to answer a question in class, and it happened to be on the only thing I didn't read in the course.  

Also, the class was "literature in a historical perspective".  The prof was an extreme feminist, and 75% of what we read were feminist papers.  The Second Sex, The Vindication of the Rights of Women, and so on.  I'm convinced she assumed I was a shit head punk who didn't give a fuck about anything, much less womens rights, and therefore fucked me on my papers.  I got a 3/5 on the grammar portion of the paper, and even though while posting on here I don't always type perfectly, when it comes to school, I am the biggest grammar freak.  Two people who read my paper said there were ZERO grammatical errors.  But fuck it, what can you do.  Anyways, I'm done my pointless rant, back to studying for finals.

I once wrote 25 pages in 15 straight hours. Printed it out, walked to class, handed it in, and then passed out on a desk. They had physically shake me awake when class was over. It was dope and I got an A. My motto for writing papers was "Never prepare, never look back, and any progress at all means I deserve a cigarette/coffee or an internet break"

Of course I dropped out 3 semesters away from a degree. But goddammit did I have all A's in my English classes (I was an English Lit major).

My motto for writing papers was "Never prepare, never look back, and any progress at all means I deserve a cigarette/coffee or an internet break"

This is ridiculously accurate to what I do. Except I don't smoke. Literally everything else you said, I do. I start a paper at midnight the night before it's due. I don't do any preparation/brainstorming. I write a couple sentences, and then go on the internet and drink coffee. I repeat that until the paper is done, never going back and re writing stuff, and never proof reading. Up until this semester it had always gotten me an A or a B.