You know when you write a paper, and you know it's shit but you just say fuck it...

I've been sitting in a library for 5 hours writing this anthropology paper on Sokolovsky's "The Cultural Context of Aging".  I just read through the first 1,700 words and its total shit.  It's due tomorrow.  I'm not re-writing it.  Fuck it.  I'll hope for the best.  Maybe everyone else's will be even worse than mine.

This thread is as dumb as they get, but I really need a mental break from this shit.

asdfghjkl

i once had a mini meltdown over handing in a paper i thought was total shit. i literally had no idea what i was talking about while writing it. later, the teacher said it was the best one in the class. 

moral of the story: never underestimate your own powers of bullshitting.

I have a 12-page SWOT analysis and a script for a 22-minute TV episode (about 22-25 pages) due next week. I haven't started on either.

I've never gotten below a C on any paper I've turned in so far, though, so hopefully I can continue the trend.

Excuse me while I go find some wood to knock on.

you should publish this. 

I still have it somewhere. 

When I handed it in, I included a CD that had a soundtrack of all the songs that I mentioned either blatantly or referenced lyrics from.

The cover page had a picture of me where I was drunk, shirtless, and had a towel wrapped around my neck like a cape.

I took college seriously. 

I wrote 150 pages of papers a year ago.  any time a professor says "8-10 page paper" I laugh because that is so unbelievably easy to do now.  

Agreed I've written one that was 130 and one that was 50, now when class mates complain about 5 page papers I just laugh at them. 

I bullshitted my way out of doing a 20-page paper. It wasn't for a required class, though. It was my last semester and I had senior projects and a cross-country move to worry about. Two days after the due date, the professor emailed me and asked where my paper was. I told the (slighty dramatized) truth and all I got in return was "Don't worry about it. Enjoy Florida" and I got a B. I was quite shocked.

In college, I had to write a 30ish page paper. It was on psychological effects of entertainment on culture. Here's my opening paragraph:

Many words have already been written on and about the subject of the entertainment culture.  If there were ever a more comprehensive, limitless, diverse, far-reaching, overabundant expansion of information available about one specific topic or area of study, you would have to be discussing all the elements that arrange the composition and makeup of our entire universe.  However, we are not talking about the physical and natural evidence for the cosmos.  The discussion at hand is about the character and personality of the physical and public entity that, “Alongside other technological systems and institutional mechanisms in the modern world, they have lifted social relations out of face-to face contexts and stretched or extended them across large distances, dislocating space from place” (Moores, 2000).  Yes, we are talking about the entertainment culture and the effects of which it has on society.

That one took a while, even with the verbose writing.

if anyone wants, i minored in anthro/socio and i've got my old college papers available (limited 1/1 variant - white with black splatter)

seriously though, i'm kind of a nerd and if anyone ever wants help on a paper or a good proofread/edit, let me know. happy to help out. 

I still have it somewhere. 

When I handed it in, I included a CD that had a soundtrack of all the songs that I mentioned either blatantly or referenced lyrics from.

The cover page had a picture of me where I was drunk, shirtless, and had a towel wrapped around my neck like a cape.

I took college seriously. 

For my American Culture class I turned in my paper titled "Up the Cunx: A Punk Pussy Progression" w/ a mix-tape I made lol (Lots of CRASS) Got an 89% for something not (for the most part) related to the class lol