PO: Alcest - Shelter

IG88

• 1 month later...

yes, the recording does sound very good. however, the content is lacking for me. feels pretty sucked out. though, I had expected the band was headed in this sound-direction to gain a bit more appeal. no neige screams, no double kick/blasts, and a song in english. 3 really big strikes.

yes, the recording does sound very good. however, the content is lacking for me. feels pretty sucked out. though, I had expected the band was headed in this sound-direction to gain a bit more appeal. no neige screams, no double kick/blasts, and a song in english. 3 really big strikes.

Souvenirs d'un autre monde didn't have any Neige screams either. The english song has Neil Halstead on vocals, an englishmen and a huge influence on Neige who probably can't speak french very well anyway.  I think the album is fantastic and better than the last 2 albums. 

It's like Christmas again today B)  Just received the Shelter box and this is by all means the coolest box I ever received. The artwork is great and there's plenty of amazing stuff in there, like the TP, the digi-CD and the two singles on cd, a gold "Into The Waves" single as a bonus, an artbook with photos, a textbook with the lyrics, a signed poster.

Me happy, nothing else spinning at my place today... and for the next days I guess. Oh yeah, no metal at all to be found on Shelter, but nonetheless a great atmosphere and sound.

looks like prophecy posted pictures on the right side of the order page http://en.prophecy.de/alcest-shelter.html

i went ahead and ordered the "deluxe box" as opposed to the more expensive complete one. i don't need the CD, DVD, or signed print. it would be nice if the liner note/english lyric book was included with both boxes though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...