WTB: modern baseball old gray dikembe fest 12 split

Woodysun12

don't buy this for anything other than cost off someone because the proceeds for it went to cystic fibrosis.

The fact that the money went to charity is irrelevant to it's resale value unless the original buyer knowingly bought it simply to sell for a profit (which would be difficult to prove).

I think the only situation where you would be morally in the wrong is that which I have described above where you have no interest in the record yourself and bought it purely to make a profit. However, I'm sure many who bought this (myself included) would personally value it at higher than what it cost.

This record is obviously worth more than the original price. Its out of only 400 and features 6 bands that are huge in the emo scene. Not to mention it will probably never be repressed. 

Someone like myself that has a complete E!E! collection or complete Old Gray collection needs this record and with only 400 in circulation that appeal to 6 different groups of people its not going to come cheap. They only let each person buy one copy so no one bought this record to flip, they bought it for their collection. If someone is going to sell their copy its obviously going to have to be for a tempting price. To say to someone "dont pay more then cost" is the stupidest thing ever. Do you know how record collecting works? 

This record is obviously worth more than the original price. Its out of only 400 and features 6 bands that are huge in the emo scene. Not to mention it will probably never be repressed. 

Someone like myself that has a complete E!E! collection or complete Old Gray collection needs this record and with only 400 in circulation that appeal to 6 different groups of people its not going to come cheap. They only let each person buy one copy so no one bought this record to flip, they bought it for their collection. If someone is going to sell their copy its obviously going to have to be for a tempting price. To say to someone "dont pay more then cost" is the stupidest thing ever. Do you know how record collecting works? 

you should break that up and give me the few things I'm missing because reasons

remember that time you took the time out of your day to give me negative rep on nearly every post i've made for the past 2 months

EDIT: sorry that was sassy

you should break that up and give me the few things I'm missing because reasons

he'll tell you to send him offers, then either ignore the offers or expect some ungodly amount for them.  and then when you ask why he ignored your messages he'll visit your profile every couple days and use his max negaitve rep points on random posts you've made.  

ie: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/90071-help-me-with-a-full-twiabp-collection-wtb-everything/

he'll tell you to send him offers, then either ignore the offers or expect some ungodly amount for them.  and then when you ask why he ignored your messages he'll visit your profile every couple days and use his max negaitve rep points on random posts you've made.  

ie: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/90071-help-me-with-a-full-twiabp-collection-wtb-everything/

when i say i only want trades for certain things and you just relentlessly make cash offers i dont want. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

yeah i'm trying to get all old gray's shit and it's proving to be a real pain. Super bummed I missed out on this even more so knowing now that the proceeds went to charity.

That's a toughie, they've been going hard on the editions and such. When I saw them play for the first time recently on their Wintour with lovechild they had some nice merch, a new tour edition of Autobiography with an alt cover and a sweet Wintour '14 shirt, had I known they had them/people were looking I would've grabbed a second!