Mobile Fidelity Inner Sleeves

dmac8706

Are they floppy?

The expensive sleevecity ones are not too floppy as they have have paper in the middle to reinforce the sleeve. They're great inner sleeves but they're just too expensive (I guess it's not too pricey if you don't have that many LPs, I have thousands so I go for the best/most cost effective).

I personally recommend the ones I linked from SoundSource as they are very cost effective and slip right into a regular inner so they won't be floppy at all..

I'll second the Ultimate Audiophile Inners from Sleeve City.  They are pricey but fantastic.  They are like a stiffer version of the MoFi sleeves since they have the paper layer on both sides.  They are velvety smooth which I like.  If you buy more than 1 pack, you get a discount on them which can make a big difference in price.

I also keep a pack of these in my car in case I come across a record that has no inner sleeve.  Oddly, this happens a lot.

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/Diskeeper-2-0-Antistatic-Record-Sleeves-p/9235.htm

• 2 weeks later...

i like the MOFi inner sleeves, the heaviest plastic sleeves that my local shop is carrying at the time and clean with a vpi 16.5.  $1 a record to protect them just that little bit more is worth it to me.

I'm curious if the electro static discharge guns really work.

I have one, works and then the static comes back.  Same with the anti static brushes.

I got the outer sleeves I ordered on amazon, they said "snug fit" but they are not. They are 12 3/4". I was hoping for 12 1/2". Here is a link to the ones I bought. Don't get them if you want something more snug. Quality seems good though. Very clear and decently thick. http://amzn.com/B006U1RZM4

I got the outer sleeves I ordered on amazon, they said "snug fit" but they are not. They are 12 3/4". I was hoping for 12 1/2". Here is a link to the ones I bought. Don't get them if you want something more snug. Quality seems good though. Very clear and decently thick. http://amzn.com/B006U1RZM4

Were they from Sleevie Wonder? I use the "snug fit" sleeves on both my single and double LPs with no issues. The doubles fit perfect and the singles fit well enough to not upset my OCD. 

No they were from LBB Music and More. They would be cool for double LPs but I want something that's good for single LPs. I want the same level of snugness on the single LPs. I just don't like the excess sleeve that sticks out over the label. My OCD is making this a bitch. Haha.