Basketball fans?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Hornets game last night and it's good to see the crowd actually into the games. I think Mavs will win one at home but the Hornets will pull away with it. Next round is very questionable though, although I think they can handle the Suns pretty well (if they turn it around).

I was at the Hornets game last night and it's good to see the crowd actually into the games. I think Mavs will win one at home but the Hornets will pull away with it. Next round is very questionable though, although I think they can handle the Suns pretty well (if they turn it around).

Too bad they'll be getting the spurs. :P

No, but really.

Too bad they'll be getting the spurs. :P

No, but really.

Yeah, I like how people have written off the Spurs and they're up 2-0.

Well my foot is in my mouth now, but Spurs will still take the series.

Jazz are going to beat Houston, and then Lakers/Jazz will be a good matchup. I think Jazz might have a slight advantage to be honest.

In other news, what's up with Detroit and what happened to Boston?

Jazz have a slight advantage is what exactly? The last time the Lakers went in to Utah they demolished the Jazz. There's not a team in the NBA that has a slight advantage on the Lakers. The Lakers have the best player, hands down, in the NBA. They have homecourt on everyone except the Celtics and the Pistons. They have, arguably, the best coach in the history of the NBA. The Jazz have nothing over the Lakers. If the Lakers play to their ability the Jazz may win a game.

Phil Jackson is overrated. He always has the most dominant player in the league with a solid lineup on his teams. First Jordan, then Shaq and now Kobe. He's a good coach, but I hate it when people think he's the best coach ever. I think most good NBA coaches could win multiple championships with the teams that Phil has had.

/rant

I don't think the Jazz have an edge over the Lakers, but I do think it could be a tough series for them.

Well my foot is in my mouth now, but Spurs will still take the series.

Jazz are going to beat Houston, and then Lakers/Jazz will be a good matchup. I think Jazz might have a slight advantage to be honest.

In other news, what's up with Detroit and what happened to Boston?

Jazz have a slight advantage is what exactly? The last time the Lakers went in to Utah they demolished the Jazz. There's not a team in the NBA that has a slight advantage on the Lakers. The Lakers have the best player, hands down, in the NBA. They have homecourt on everyone except the Celtics and the Pistons. They have, arguably, the best coach in the history of the NBA. The Jazz have nothing over the Lakers. If the Lakers play to their ability the Jazz may win a game.

Look at it position by position

Fisher vs. Williams: Williams

Brewer vs. Bryant: Bryant. of course.

Kirilenko vs. Radmonovic: Kirilenko

Boozer vs. Odom: Boozer

Okur vs. Gasol or Bynum. Either way, Lakers take that one.

So it's pretty evenly matched, really. Sure, Kobe is pretty unstoppable, and now he has Gasol, but I think the Jazz have more scorers on their team than just two. As long as Kobe doesn't have another 82 point game or whatever that number was, then it definitely won't be a blowout.

detroit rocked shit tonight.

the only team i hate as much as the spurs is the jazz.

ughhhhhh.

Why do you hate the Spurs and Jazz? Just curious.

cause i hate boring teams.

tony parker is a fag.

ginobli is a joke. he just flails around and is messy as hell.

i don't like tim duncan but he's a hell of a basketball player.

i just don't like the jazz cause i never really have.

like it's been imprinted on me my whole life.

maybe it's cause they're all white.

as far as the whole jazz / lakers things.

the jazz aren't going to beat the lakers, nor do they have an advantage on them.

the lakers have far more weapons than you think.

odom can be solid any night, i know he's inconsistent but he's still liable to make trouble for you.

vujacic and walton both give you solid bench players.

plus kobe is a beast and i'm confident he's going to tear the jazz apart.

as long as kobe does good the lakers have it in the bag.

Look at it position by position

Fisher vs. Williams: Williams

Brewer vs. Bryant: Bryant. of course.

Kirilenko vs. Radmonovic: Kirilenko

Boozer vs. Odom: Boozer

Okur vs. Gasol or Bynum. Either way, Lakers take that one.

So it's pretty evenly matched, really. Sure, Kobe is pretty unstoppable, and now he has Gasol, but I think the Jazz have more scorers on their team than just two. As long as Kobe doesn't have another 82 point game or whatever that number was, then it definitely won't be a blowout.

I disagree with Boozer over Odom, I think if anything its a wash because Odom draws Boozer away from the basket, big time. Further, Okur v. Gasol and Brewer v. Bryant are BIG wins for the Lakers and the Jazz have little wins. The Lakers can also turn to a better bench. Further, there's a good chance AK47 is guarding Kobe, meaning Kobe has a good chance to wear him down on the defensive end and make his offense far less productive.

Then of course you have to talk about Walton, Vujacic, and Turiaf, et. al who come in as a strong second unit.

I say the Lakers' hold an edge personel-wise and the edge for home court. I think there's a chance it'll go 7 but there's an equal chance it'll go 5.

Phil Jackson is overrated. He always has the most dominant player in the league with a solid lineup on his teams. First Jordan, then Shaq and now Kobe. He's a good coach, but I hate it when people think he's the best coach ever. I think most good NBA coaches could win multiple championships with the teams that Phil has had.

Name me a coach who won championships with average players? Red Auerbach had Bill Russell. Riley had Showtime then Shaq and D-Wade. Rudy T had the Dream. Then of course you have Larry Legend, McHale - bastard -, Parrish, etc. On earlier Laker teams you had West and Chamberlain.

You don't win championships with at least one dominant player.