Basketball fans?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really think the Lakers choked. The lead they built was based on unreal shooting from them and horrendous shooting from Boston of course it was going to even out over the course of the game. A team isn't going to shoot 70% for an entire game unless something unwordly happens. However, the Lakers needed stops once the Celts made their run and they couldn't get them. Things evened out and the Lakers couldn't muster up enough to stay with the Celtics. In that regard they choked but the lead was a fluke more than anything else.

Im a Laker fan but they choked big time. Obviously they arent going to play as well as they did at the beginning the whole time but in the second half they just flat out sucked. They were absolutely horrible. At least Kobe was playing like he usually does in the first 3 games but even he wasnt very good tonite. Series is over. Oh and fuck Boston by the way...I hate every damn team from Boston haha. They were just a better team this series tho. As long as my Halos knock the Red Sox out of the playoffs this year Ill be happy

Im a Laker fan but they choked big time. Obviously they arent going to play as well as they did at the beginning the whole time but in the second half they just flat out sucked. They were absolutely horrible. At least Kobe was playing like he usually does in the first 3 games but even he wasnt very good tonite. Series is over. Oh and fuck Boston by the way...I hate every damn team from Boston haha. They were just a better team this series tho. As long as my Halos knock the Red Sox out of the playoffs this year Ill be happy

If you had told me when the game started the Lakers would score 91 I would think it fair so I don't know what to think. I can't believe anything but the series is over. The fourth game is always the hardest to win but I can't see the Lakers bringing anything they already haven't brought.

It was at least nice to see Lamar Odom show up for one quarter. Maybe Gasol will show up for a quarter in the next game.

I'll be honest, as much as I hate the Lakers, I do feel kind of bad for Kobe since he thought he was gonna have some help this year. He should start demanding a trade again.

Yea Odom and Gasol havent done shit all series. Kobe is hands down the best player in the world but cant beat a whole team on his own. He has had almost no help except for Sasha hitting a few shots last game. He wont ask to be traded tho. He is happy now. Their shitty GM finally made a move and picked up a quality player (Gasol) who just has been having a bad series. Next year Bynum will be back and hopefully playing up to his potential and the Lakers will be there again next year.

all 'professional' sports broadcasters on abc, espn, fox, etc. hate all boston teams

Thats a pretty outrageous statement. I could not stand to watch any football broadcast last year because all everyone would do is talk about how great the Pats were. And everyone seems to be on the Celtics bandwagon right now. I see nothing but love for the Boston teams on tv. Who hates them?

they were just being honest

all 'professional' sports broadcasters on abc, espn, fox, etc. hate all boston teams

Are you serious? ESPN is based in CT and controls all of ABC's sports coverage. They're as pro-Boston as it gets. I can't really speak to FOX, since they don't cover many Boston-area teams in the L.A.-area (NFL = NFC games and they get the World Series). But ESPN is decidedly pro-Boston.

They basically complained about how bad the Lakers defense is for the last 15 minutes of the broadcast saying it's not good enough to win, etc, etc... while the Lakers were winning the game. Their criticism was pretty harsh at times and relentless.

I did think that was kind of amusing as well.

They basically complained about how bad the Lakers defense is for the last 15 minutes of the broadcast saying it's not good enough to win, etc, etc... while the Lakers were winning the game. Their criticism was pretty harsh at times and relentless.

To be fair, the Lakers do go through way too many defensive lapses. It's been happening all season.

To be fair, the Lakers do go through way too many defensive lapses. It's been happening all season.

Oddly, their defense is keyed on their offense. When they play energized offensively they play energized defensively. So when Boston puts the clamps down they don't do well on either side of the ball. All that said its odd no one has mentioned had the Lakers played a little better 4th quarter in game 1, 2, or 4 the series could be over. Probably because Boston could say the same thing with the exception of Game 4 being one the Lakers blew more than Boston won. Same would have been said had the Lakers actually won Game 2.

they were just being honest

Are you serious? ESPN is based in CT and controls all of ABC's sports coverage. They're as pro-Boston as it gets. I can't really speak to FOX, since they don't cover many Boston-area teams in the L.A.-area (NFL = NFC games and they get the World Series). But ESPN is decidedly pro-Boston.

bristol is west of the connecticut river

west of the river seems to be predominantly new york fans (flood can probably verify this)

do you remember espn's coverage of the american league championship series in 04, that whole sox come back against the yankees thing?

the announcers were ridiculously in favor of the yankees that whole series

after new york won game three, they were already saying the series was over because new york is just too good of a team

bristol is west of the connecticut river

west of the river seems to be predominantly new york fans (flood can probably verify this)

do you remember espn's coverage of the american league championship series in 04, that whole sox come back against the yankees thing?

the announcers were ridiculously in favor of the yankees that whole series

after new york won game three, they were already saying the series was over because new york is just too good of a team

Its because the ESPN hearts the Yankees but now they're in love with the Sox. When you win, they love you and switch sides ASAP. That was four years ago.

Oddly, their defense is keyed on their offense. When they play energized offensively they play energized defensively. So when Boston puts the clamps down they don't do well on either side of the ball. All that said its odd no one has mentioned had the Lakers played a little better 4th quarter in game 1, 2, or 4 the series could be over. Probably because Boston could say the same thing with the exception of Game 4 being one the Lakers blew more than Boston won. Same would have been said had the Lakers actually won Game 2.

Yeah, totally. Playing energized nets them more fast break opportunities and affords them a more wide-open style of play (something Boston doesn't want to get in to if they can help it). When their defense starts lacking and the offense slows down, Boston can get into a half-court game, where the Lakers are decidedly weaker.

Just contrasting styles really. (And Boston is REALLY good at fouling without getting caught.)