Basketball fans?

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping haha... plus my dad used to show me all of these 80s Lakers/Celtics tapes, their rivalry is what got me into basketball at a very early age.

Magic Vs. Bird.

Those were the days.. i loved watching those teams compete back in the 70's and 80's.

question 80's Lakers in their prime or 08' lakers?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

80's Lakers all the way.

08 Lakers are good, but they're not on that level yet.

I agree. The Lakers were a dominant force at that time..whether it be Magic Johnson's no-look pass or Kereem's unstoppable sky hook... Worthy's Tomahawk dunk shots, and Coopers Three Pointers.. And don't forget Byron Scott, and A.C. Green. Those were some good days in basketball..

I think the NBA has a conspiracy going for a Lakers/Celtics finals for the ratings it will attract.

David Stern is pretty lame.

we'll see.....I"m rooting for San Antonio tomorrow. my happy ass will be at home all night in anticipation for a possible SA win. Lets hope San Antonio wins on the road like LA...

I think the NBA has a conspiracy going for a Lakers/Celtics finals for the ratings it will attract.

David Stern is pretty lame.

we'll see.....I"m rooting for San Antonio tomorrow. my happy ass will be at home all night in anticipation for a possible SA win. Lets hope San Antonio wins on the road like LA...

Yeah, I'll pulling for the Spurs as well. My bracket at work depends on this game. If NO wins my friend will lock it up and also win a side bet with me. He also picked Golden State last year over Dallas.

It's not looking good. Let's hope that the Spur's experience will get them through. I just don't know if they can win in New Orleans. Damn home court this year!

The Spurs got all kinds of calls throughout the game and they didn't deserve to win. Also, Berry did more to create contact than Fisher did.

And if a foul was called it would have been a two shot foul as Barry put the ball on the floor and wasn't in the act of shooting. So, the Spurs wouldn't won but they may have tied if the foul was called.

yeah, spurs got every other call throughout the game and could just never capitalize on opportunities - lakers did almost blow it though with shitty clock management and shots in those last few minutes

but thank god we were able to pull it out and nab one in SA.....now back to LA to close it out

I only watched the 4th quarter, so I really didn't notice all the calls going one way or the other. Either way though, that was an obvious foul and the refs shouldn't swallow their whistles at that point in the game. Barry should have had two shots, and that game should have went into OT. I can't wait to hear all the Joey Crawford conspiracies tomorrow.