Basketball fans?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs sucked tonight. They just couldn't get that big shot to be in the lead/get their momentum going. That last shot had foul written all over it, and while I'll agree they got their fair share of calls earlier in the game, it wasn't anything over the top. I've seen games officiated much worse.

I'm actually rooting for the spurs, and i have to say, they did not deserve this win anyway. they were getting beat throughout the whole game, and popovich even said if he officiated that game he would have done the same and not called that foul. barry was not attempting to shoot that ball and should have jumped into it... no ones fault, spurs lost and now have a tough road ahead...hopefully it'll be a bad-ass comeback...but pretty impossible as there are only a handful of teams to comeback from a 3-1 deficit in the playoffs to win

Lakers aren't in trouble. They haven't lost at home. I would say based on the Celtics down the stretch they have as much to worry about as the Lakers. In the end the foul shot discrepancy was 25 or so and the Lakers almost pulled it out after being down by 24 with a half a quarter left in the game.

Lakers are in a position at this point where they need all three games at home. Not to say they couldn't win two in a row in Boston but that's not a good place to be. I still think Pierce's knee thing was a little odd but whatever. We'll see what happens in LA for game three. If the Lakers dominate at home similar to the Celtics the series is going 7.

And Paul Pierce played the Lakers sans Gasol so past performance should be no indication of future success.